To Call, or To Forget? That's MY question...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Style, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Style

Style Boioioioioioioioing

That faggot Glen pruned all of my posts, so here I start this thread again.

cliffs of the previous thread: This girl I met through work told me she would love to hangout for coffee. I call her week later to hang out the day after, she aggrees, and I tell her I'll call her then to setup (yea, big mistake). Tried to call her but she didn't answer nor called me back.

I don't want to be too understanding, but I quite do. See, we're both in the event industry. She organized the book fair that I participated in.

Not to make this too boring, but the book fair was organized by a team from Germany and most of the team were going back home after the event. And it happened to be on the day I called her.

She warned me the day before that she can't do anything at night because her coworkers were leaving and she wanted to stay with them and say goodbye. Understandable.

But here is the tricky part: about 5 days have passed now since I tried calling her.

So would you recommend to call her sometimes today, wait for next week or ignore/forget her altogether?

What would you do?

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Don't call. You already called and she didn't respond. Move on and certainly don't wait for her call.

3. tqpolo

tqpolo ***** Platinum Member OT Supporter

Did you leave a message when you called back to setup the coffee date? Sometimes cell phones can lose signal and won't receive the call altogether and she won't even know she missed the call. Maybe text her but don't mention the date, ask her some random stuff or about work and if she brought up the date then go from there.

4. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Call one more time, leave a message (she might answer, but I doubt it).

"Hey this is Style. Call me. 555-555-1212."

If she doesn't call back, write her off.

5. Style

No. In this part of the world, having an answering machine is not common at all. Almost 90% of people don't have one. When I called, there wasn't any on her cell phone.

6. Style

Great idea if she had voice mail. Could that also be done via SMS? :hsugh:

7. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

email?

8. Style

are you serious? :eek4:

9. Bob Brown

Bob Brown bewshit, bewshit, bewshit

move on.

10. just tat

just tat New Member

yes, this could be done via sms (text msg'ing). it's still just leaving her a msg. and she doesn't have voice mail. so why not?

11. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

Call her one more time, if she doesn't answer, leave a text mesasge... No response then you know you're done.

12. armywrx

armywrx New Member

I would just send a random text message about nothing, like how is your day going? If you don't hear anything back just bail, no big deal.

13. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

This is silly, I don't see what harm there can be in calling. Call -> 0.1% chance (to be safe) of a good response, Don't call -> 0% chance (period) of a good response.

If calling her meant that you were taking time away from pursuing other options, I would see where the question lay. But since that is not the case...

14. RockDaBoat

RockDaBoat New Member

Simple as this, you followed it up and now the ball is in her court. If she doesn't chase you up (which, after 5 days, doesn't seem likely), then should you realise she's not the gal for you.

Sure, she may have lost her phone or some other catastrophe, but odds are she's not interested.

Also, how come you left it an entire week, called her and then arranged to call her again to arrange a date? In that length of time the initial chemistry will have been dead and buried, in my opinion.

15. Style

fack!

Well I just called her (she picked up), she was very apologetic about last time saying she had to wrap up and didn't have a lot of time to do anything and blah blah blah. Well turns out she was also only temporary here and she's flying back to Germany tonight (for good) :hsd:

case closed.

next?

16. tqpolo

tqpolo ***** Platinum Member OT Supporter

Ah the good ole moving out of the country excuse. Hhaha jk. Well at least you know and don't have to think about it anymore.