A&P To buy or not to buy

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by dumbaznboy, Nov 26, 2008.

1. dumbaznboy

dumbaznboy New Member

So I've gotten back into photography, kinda.

Mainly doing candid shots when I remember to carry my camera with me, or taking pictures of my food (I love to cook)

Now, I have an old D70 and I'm sure its perfect for what I'm doing, and I love it. But my question is this...should I continue investing in lenses or just be happy with my 50mm 1.8 until I upgrade my body and buy lenses then?

2. pawis

pawis werd em up

well, whatever lenses you get you will end up being able to use with a new body(if you stick with nikon) but you already say what you have is perfect for what you do.

id say ask yourself, do you ever find something you want to take a picture of but cant because of the limitation of your equipment? then invest in the equipment that lets you take that pic ;)

3. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

I supposed your next step is a good wide and a tele. Lighting upgrades would help tremendously as well.

Props to love cooking.

4. dumbaznboy

dumbaznboy New Member

So the new generation of Nikon bodies still use the same mount? Cool. That's mainly what I was worried about.

As for limitations, my limitations would be time, lenses, lighting. I'm happy with my D70

5. dumbaznboy

dumbaznboy New Member

Thanks man. I thought you lived in F&N...weird to see you posting elsewhere.

I'm looking at getting the Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 or the Sigma 10-20 f/4