To breed or not to breed, that is the ?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by iiibuzzz, Jan 5, 2007.

1. iiibuzzz

iiibuzzz Oh hai internutz.

I'm a M/33/DC area and am on the fence about having kids. This poses a problem to some of the girls I date, including my current one. I just don't know if I want to deal with all the problems and headache and lifestyle adjustments that children bring. I love to go out and party it up, and I see kids as the death rattle to my ways.
    I really want to hear from people who have done the whole married with children and from older people who haven't to see if either has regrets. Help me figure this one out. :hs: I don't want to be 45 and then go "gee, I wish I had kids" or Next year going "I hate being a parent! Shoot me!"

2. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

If you don't want children, stop feeling guilty about it and enjoy your life without them.

I'm not old, but I am married with a 9 year old and I have another one on the way. I don't regret them for anything. Of course life has changed, but that is to be expected with parenting. Life is never the same as before ;)

There are never any guarantees in life for anything. The same goes for what you regret and what you don't regret. You just have to choose what you think is best for you. Good luck!

3. iiibuzzz

I've never had that overwhelming feeling that I want kids, but I'm sure i'd love them if I did. . . but would I love my freedom more? Oooo tough call. I'm not feeling guilt, just trying to figure out if I should take path A or path B.

4. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

5. iiibuzzz

oh i am... trust me.

6. dude guy

dude guy Guest

http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Discontinuation

Please read that whole wiki before you make your mind up.

I seem like a spammer, I know, but really, Discontinuation fits into so many convos...

7. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Wow you have to be a sad, lonely person to want to end the human race.

8. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

:wtf:

9. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Basicly it says the human race is evil.

10. erynne936

erynne936 my av is a car, but i'm a girl. stop calling me b OT Supporter

far better to regret not having children than regret having them.

i am childfree. i've known since i was a kid myself that i never wanted children. and with the population increasing as it is on this planet it is completely not necessary for everyone to have children. google "childfree" for a lot more resources.

edited to add: i give you much credit for your serious consideration into the matter. too many people that have children give making this decision no thought at all.

11. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

AMEN!!!!!!!!!

12. lick wid nit wit

:wavey: fellow childfree person!

13. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Unfortunately, it seems like it's sometimes the intelligent people who choose to NOT have kids.

What's that one song? "Been around the world and seen that only stupid people are breeding..."

14. dude guy

dude guy Guest

15. SE14

SE14 Guest

:hsugh: I don't understand your reasoning here. Maybe you can elaborate?
    The population is increasing in the THIRD WORLD ONLY. You are suggesting civilized White people decrease their fertility rate even further below the replacement level so we can be replaced by unfit third worlders that will be the decay of our societies.

On another note, this thread reminds me of a guy I saw on a game show once. As part of his introduction, he stated he had a wife and two DOGS. :mamoru: I laughed at his manhood for a good 30 seconds. I would be embarassed to admit something like that. Similarly, a neighbor of mine is in the same situation, except I don't think he's married, but hey they drive some really nice cars.

One word to describe them: SELFISH.

a wife and two dogs...:rofl: :rofl: jesus christ.

16. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

:uh:

17. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Selfish because they choose not to share their lives with a couple of snot nosed little kids? Good for them for choosing to do what THEY want to do in life instead of what they think society wants them to do.

18. lick wid nit wit

I'd rather regret not having kids than regret having them too. If you have kids and then realize you made a mistake, it's not like you can send the kids back to the store, right? You have to do your best and stick with it. And let's face it, not everyone is cut out for the job of parenting. Sooooo, if in ten years I regret not having kids, I'll just have to shrug my shoulders and say "Oh shit" because the only life I will have fucked up is mine. If I had had kids and regretted it, I would have not only fucked up my life but the lives of the innocent kids I had brought into the world. And that ain't right.

I think it's equally as selfish when people have kids. How is not having kids selfish? Explain that one to me. I'm just not seeing it. The guy on the game show knows what he wants and clearly it wasn't having a litter of kids.

It's even more selfish (IMO) when people use fertility treatments to have kids when they could adopt. But noooooo, they have to have a kid that is their OWN DNA. What, are they not capable of loving a child that isn't of their own flesh? So they go and have fertility treatments (all the whole time bitching and whining that insurance doesn't cover it... why the hell should insurance cover fertility treatments?) and then they end up with multiple births that have health problems.

Selfish? No, not at all. :eek3: :ugh:

So if you think I am selfish for being childfree, so be it. But I am also happy. There is something wrong with you if you can't accept that.

I think it's absolutely disgusting that we childfree folk are constantly having to defend our position to the breeders.

19. SE14

SE14 Guest

Snot nosed little kids, eh? I don't think you should desribe our next generation like that. You sound like a sad, angry person.

Also, I take issue with your assertion that society wants people to have children. On the contrary, I think media tends to push people to do what they want, what feels good, which is what the people in question have done. I think it is one reason why Western birthrates are so low today.

20. SE14

SE14 Guest

If you have children and then regret it, worst case scenario you tough it out for 18 years. On the other hand, if you never have kids and regret it, you will regret it for the rest of your life.
    Something tells me the regret of not having children would be far more agnonizing than just a simple "oh shit" as you put it.
    One could have regret yet still be a good parent correct?

If one regretted having children so much that it fucked up the lives of his/her children, it would no longer be considered regret but resentment and irresponsiblitly.

It is not selfish when people have children. It is called being human. No, it is called being a living biological entity. Are pine trees selfish for dropping pine cones everywhere to perpetuate their species?

Not having children is selfish when you do it to afford expensive cars, avoid the not so glamorous parts of being a parent, to be granted the ability to act like teenagers for at least a few more decades (that is partying all the time), or be childfree as you sick fucks say.

There's no saying why the guy on the gameshow had a wife and two dogs; what I'm quite sure of, however, is that he would not refer to someone's children as a "litter", you sick fuck.
    People are so dead set on passing on their own DNA because they are just that, people. People want to perpetuate their own species, race, and ethnic group. That shouldn't surprise you.
    People that buy into this childfree business are of inferior stock anyhow, so please, don't replicate yourself with another.
    Breeders? Did you borrow that term from the radical faggot left? That is the word they use refer to heterosexuals isn't it? You are one sick fuck.

21. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Sad angry person? More like realistic :mamoru: I have kids of my own, I completely understand why people would choose not to have them. I can accept that not everybody makes the same choice as me on whether or not to have children. I can support them in their decisions as well. I do have a hard time understanding why you have such a hard time with people who are actually happy without children.

22. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I have to agree with you on the word breeders here, I do take offense to that one. I do also think you need to settle down a little bit with calling her a sick fuck. She is not sick because she has made the decisions that she has. She is acting as a responsible adult by choosing what she wants to do with her life.

I also agree with her that the decision to have kids of your own is fairly selfish. I am pregnant right now. We could have easily chosen to adopt a child that desperately needs a home right now, but we didn't. We made the selfish decision to bring another child into this world fully knowing that there are some out there without loving homes (probably birthed by those who thought they HAD to have children). You can't deny that the decision to have a child is a selfish one.

BTW, this forum is for adult conversation. Please make some attempt to keep it at that without the childish namecalling.

23. SeaMack99

SeaMack99 OT Supporter

To the OP, if you have to ask yourself those questions then you just might want to keep wrapping it up or get snipped.

Two types of people have kids. Those that know there whole life and plan for it, and....well those that have accidents.

24. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

SE14- One more 'sick fuck' or similar in this thread and you will be taking a vacation from the Vag for a bit. So please do relax, no one is stooping to naming calling but you.

25. lick wid nit wit

SE14 is exactly the kind of person we childfree have to defend ourselves against. He/she/it just can't accept that there are those of us that simply wish to live our lives without children for whatever reasons. My reasons are simply because I know I would not make good parent material and I really don't like kids. Does that make me a bad person? Not really. I don't think that makes me selfish. Nor does that make me a sick fuck. I certainly don't drive an expensive car either.

And as for calling parents breeders.... the childfree folk usually reserve that for the bad parents out there, you know, the ones you see at the shopping malls that just let their kids run wild like little beasts.