"To BOLDLY go..." The Official Star Trek Thread.

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by baboymo, Jun 26, 2004.

1. baboymo

baboymo Have you been circumcised?

From Captain Kirk to Captain Archer, anything and everything Trek can be talked about in this thread. :wavey:

2. Id like to see a new star trek movie that has character from all the diffrent series that find out Data survived and they go and rescue him, and they could put Q in it as well

3. baboymo

From what I heard it seems that Berman wants a prequel for the eleventh Star Trek movie. Personally they should wait it out until Enterprise finishes it's last season. They can either focus on the Founding of the Federation OR Romulan War.

4. baboymo

Here ya go Enterprise-E fans. I broke out the scanner just for you guys.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. galek_spoo

galek_spoo New Member

i really like the E-E but when i first saw the future D on the series finally of TNG i was quite empressed. here if you don't remember.
    [​IMG]

6. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

i cant wait till the next season of enterprise is back on the air. :(

7. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

ISD would win. :mamoru:

But ST is still awesome.

8. CallSecurityNow

CallSecurityNow OT Supporter

1. Where is the rest of Starfleet when the Enterprise is out hunting down the Xindi? I haven't watch a lot of Enterprise, but it almost seems like there is no fleet

2. In TNG, O'Brian was always at a transporter console, then is DS9 he is chief engineer. I never saw him in engineering. Picard never asked him for advice when shit hit the fan. What in the hell?

3. Jolene Blalock is hot.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2004
  9. baboymo

1. The Enterprise was the ONLY Starfleet vessel to enter the Expanse. During the second season finale "The Expanse" three other Starfleet ships were featured.

Here's the NX-02 U.S.S Columbia (which was NEVER seen during the third season)
    [​IMG]

2. I THINK O'Brien started off in season one as the CONN officer, he then moved onto engineer during the second season. Midway though the second season he became the Transporter chief. BUT. He's had a ton of experience before he served onboard the Enterprise-D.

3. Yes. IMHO. She's the hottest Trek babe.
    [​IMG]

10. DaddyThirdLeg

DaddyThirdLeg SMASH puny humans

:werd: makes 7 of 9 look like a ferengi :rofl: :rofl: :ugh:

11. baboymo

:rofl:

Alright folks.

Major news about Enterprise's Season 4 Premiere.

After almost a season of taking a backseat to the Xindi arc, the Temporal Cold War will heat up again when Star Trek: Enterprise returns for its fourth season in September.

TrekToday sources today provided the first plot details for the premiere episode, reportedly entitled "Storm Front". Continuing from where "Zero Hour" left off, Archer is in the custody of the Nazis, who, as it turns out, are mostly human. When he is being transferred in a jeep with some Nazi soldiers, the vehicle is ambushed. He wakes up in the apartment of Alicia Silvers, a resistance sympathiser. The year? 1944. The place? New York City.

As it turns out, the Germans have made impressive in-roads into North America, as well as Africa and Russia. Washington, D.C., has fallen and the bombed-out White House is now in the hands of the Nazis. They are being aided by an alien commander, Vosk, who is equipping the Germans with weapons based on futuristic technology to aid their war effort.

The general populace remains ignorant of the alien masterminds behind the Nazi advance. When Archer tells Alicia about the figure he saw when he woke up in the tent — the alien with the piercing red eyes — she says that she has heard stories, nothing more. Through her contacts in the American resistance, Alicia promises to introduce Archer to someone who may know more concrete details.

Meanwhile, back on Enterprise, Daniels, the temporal agent, lies dying in sickbay. His body is in flux — some parts are aging, while other portions are regressing to a younger stage. Before he loses consciousness, Daniels manages to tell T'Pol that there is someone the crew needs to stop. This mysterious threat turns out to be none other than Silik, who steals an Enterprise shuttlepod and heads toward Earth...

Please note that these plot details have not yet been confirmed by Paramount Pictures or UPN and until such time you should treat this information as you would any other rumour from an unofficial source. The information comes from an early draft of the script and aspects of the episode may change before it goes to air.

"Storm Front" will likely air in September, 2004.

12. galek_spoo

galek_spoo New Member

interesting yet being very chaotic. seems like a lot to fit together and make flow but that seems to be the way the Bermaga machine likes to draw up the enterprise series.

13. ElDude

ElDude Hiya!

I think the best series so far was Deep Space 9. That was much more character based, and I suppose similar to Babylon 5 in that respect. It seemed more real than the other series have been. Hardly a holodeck malfunction in sight (how to spot a writer with no ideas about sci-fi/a show running out of ideas - an episode about a holodeck).

I actually watched Trials and Tribblations tonight on Sky one (UK). Great episode that :)

14. baboymo

More big news about Enterprise's 4th Season.

Star Trek: The Next Generation actor Brent Spiner (Data) is reportedly set to make a series of guest appearances on Enterprise this season.

Spiner's TNG co-star Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi) told fans at the Dallas Sci-Fi Expo yesterday that Spiner will appear in three episodes, according to a report submitted by TrekToday reader Jason Weingartner.

The actor, who will reportedly appear without make-up, won't be playing his most familiar character, the android Data, but the grandfather of Data's creator, Dr. Noonien Soong. Soong appeared in the fourth-season Next Generation episode, "Brothers", in which Spiner pulled triple-duty, playing Data, his brother Lore, and Soong.

Sirtis reportedly told fans Spiner's first episode will start shooting next month, with November sweeps the most likely air date. Production on Enterprise's fourth season is scheduled to begin this week, when the premiere episode, "Storm Front", goes before the cameras.

Discussing his plans for Enterprise's fourth season recently, executive procducer Rick Berman said there was a possibility the show could feature "some actors, and possibly some characters, that are very familiar to our audience" (story).

Please note that this information has not been confirmed by Paramount Pictures or UPN and until such time you should treat it as you would any rumour from an unofficial source. Thanks to Jason for sending this in!

15. galek_spoo

galek_spoo New Member

putting in brent spiner should make a big ratings pull for the show. the future of this show just might be worth looking into more.

16. baboymo

This news has me pretty pumped about Season 4.

MAJOR SPOILERS!

Enterprise co-executive producer and showrunner Manny Coto Tuesday night revealed some of the stories he plans to tell this season.

One of the first arcs after the two-part premiere will revolve around an ancestor of Dr. Noonien Soong, played by Brent Spiner (Data). But fans shouldn't expect the new character, Arik Soong, to be anything like his Next Generation counterpart. "This character is more of a Dr. Frankenstein," Coto told StarTrek.com at UPN's fall preview party during the Television Critics Association press tour. "He is not a benign individual. He has brought to life 20 embryos from the Eugenics era. So you have Soong who's leading a band of Khan Noonien Singhs, so to speak. He believes that genetic engineering was on the right track!"

The storyline will span episodes four through six, perfectly timed to coincide with the crucial November sweeps ratings period. When these 20 genetically-engineered relics from the Eugenics era threaten to incite war with the Klingon Empire, Enterprise recruits Arik Soong to help Starfleet track down the renegades. Their pursuit leads them all the way to a never-before-seen part of space called the Borderland between the Klingon Empire and the Orion Syndicate.

"What I really wanted to do this season is make the episodes that I as a Star Trek fan would have to see," Coto said. "You know, as a fan of the original series, if I heard that they were doing the Orion slavers and the Eugenics Wars, I would have to be in front of that TV."

Later in season four, Coto said there will be a three-episode arc that will deal with a Vulcan civil war, a storyline that will explain the difference between the Enterprise Vulcans and those in later time periods. "Our Vulcans lie, our Vulcans are monolithic, our Vulcans are not pacifistic. What we've done is develop an idea: What if an individual appears on Vulcan who is saying to the populace that we have strayed from the teachings of Surak? This individual is like a Martin Luther. And he spawns a Vulcan civil war."

Coto plans to draw explicit parallels between the 16th century Reformation in Europe and the events happening on Vulcan. "I'm equating the Vulcan High Command with the Catholic Church, which in medieval times strayed from the teachings of Christianity; similarly, the Vulcan High Command has strayed from the teachings of Surak. This individual wants to bring us back to those teachings, but it causes instability on Vulcan because he's preaching pacifism, he's preaching pure logic, he's preaching a return to the old ways."

For further information on Manny Coto's plans for season four, head over to StarTrek.com.

17. galek_spoo

galek_spoo New Member

gonna go check that on the site now. :bigthumb:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2004
  18. jayk

jayk New Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

19. That's how they got Spiner back...

Might give it a try

20. baboymo

More S4 News.

Enterprise Cheaper, But OK

Scott Bakula, star of UPN's Star Trek: Enterprise, told SCI FI Wire that the show's lower budgets won't affect what appears on the screen in the upcoming fourth season. UPN renewed the ratings-challenged series in part because Paramount, which produces the show, agreed to cut the series' licensing fees; that, in turn, means less money to make the show.

But Bakula, who plays Capt. Jonathan Archer, said viewers will hardly notice a change. "No," he said in an interview at UPN's fall press preview last week in Los Angeles. "I know where the cuts are, where the money's coming out of, and it's not going to affect the show. I've also seen the first two scripts [of the season], and it's a show as big [as before]. I don't know how we're doing it—smoke and mirrors—but it's as big as a lot of the shows we made last year."

One big change will be a shift to high-definition digital video from the more traditional film, Bakula said. "Yeah, that helps a lot," he said. "It saves a great chunk of money every week, and we've got a great [cinematographer] who's figured out how, ... with the latest technology. HD's the wave of the future, so it's just a matter of time, and we're getting very, very good quality out of it."

Star Trek: Enterprise returns Oct. 8 in its new 8 p.m. ET/PT Friday timeslot. (emphasis on new timeslot added )

In closing here's a little :rofl: at the Xindi's expense. It's so true.
    [​IMG]

Remember. Your mod loves teh T'Pol. :naughty:
    [​IMG]

21. galek_spoo

galek_spoo New Member

damn man wtf? star trek gonna get run in the ground sooner than i thought. this sucks.

22. CallSecurityNow

I wish they wouldn't have changed the time slot. I'm at work during that time.

23. CallSecurityNow

:werd: it got bumped by Amish in the City :wtc:

24. galek_spoo

galek_spoo New Member

now that just straight gay. i hate those fucking reality tv shows.:rant2:

25. baboymo

More news about Shatner coming back to Star Trek.