To any guy who doesn't think they're good enough!

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by skitcy, Apr 25, 2007.

1. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

Here's some tips, hints for building confidence and getting over you're fear of rejection / "not being good enough for her".
    1. Get to the gym. I mean regularly 2-4 times a week preferably for 1+ hour each time. To those of you who make any excuse of any sort or say you're buff enough. Nobody said you had to do anything but simply exercise and maintain what you currently have. I guarentee this will boost confidence in any man ( not gay men. ).
    2. Talk to atleast 1 "unkown" girl a **day**. Simply say hi and smile. This is not a pickup contest. Getting a positive response from a woman is a confidence booster subconciously it will make you think like you're good for any woman. If the girl doesn't say hi back well damn I can't help you because there must be more serious issues. This should also help any shyness of initial approaching/conversation starting.
    3. Pick up a hobby you've never done before and pay for lessons for it. This wont be achievable by everyone. But really any sense of accomplishment on anything will boost your self esteem and how you value yourself as well as learning a new skill. Ideas: Any Instrument, Singing ( dont tell ladies you take vocal lessons however ), Craftsman ship, Artwork of any kind, biking etc.. This will also get you out of the house. Most people that have low confidence probably get out of the house a lot less than people with high confidence.
    4. Make sure you are not sitting at home on friday or saturday night between 5pm and 9 pm if possible.
    5. Get rid of your TV if you watch more than 15-20 hours a week. Get some books do something that actually stimulates your brain. But yea there are days you wanna grab a beer and just kick it back.
    6. Get rid of all video games if they tend to cause problems that are making you turn down people or doing things in real life. Even you're laundry.
    7. Hygiene/Improve self look. This is less about getting plastic surgery and cloths than it is about doing some general hygine that can greatly improve "flaws" you look at and get depressed about. Acne? Get some cleaners creams for it, dont like non-white teeth? Get some whitening strips.... Basically spend a little bit of money and do this, while it's an added benefit all women will notice you will also get less depressed
      ( increased self esteem/confidence ) which is like double effect.
    8. Hang around people with high confidence, this is actually -very- hard but well worth it if you can. You tend to be like the people you hang around so hanging around depressed people is a very bad idea.
    edited: for readability

Obviously some of these are not accomplishable by all, some cost money, some a lot of money or a pretty penny. Others are fairly cheap or free and can go a long way.

I think all guys of any age can atleast relate to one or two of these problems/improvements in their life that they are not currently doing. I can relate to every single one hence why I post here.

I've come from a shy terribly foolishly dumb guy that wouldn't touch a girl because I thought I could never be anything more than a friend to someone who has started to start random spontaneous conversations without a problem with women.

Thought I'd share.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  2. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

Word to #6. I'm an Assistant Manager at EB Games and whenever a fool picks up World Of Warcraft I tell him to get the fuck out of my store...

Games are so bad for social interaction.

3. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

It totally depends on the person and they're tolerance to be doing it for relaxing or addiction.

Me, I start and I never stop and never do anything else. I've been game free for 2 months now and will likely never go back. Other people I know can work it into their schedule fine. MMORPG's tend to be the worse of any however.

4. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

This guy came in today with his girl. I was like, "Get her addicted or quit... Sex is more important"... You could tell that he just didn't get it though. His girl did however...

5. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

LOL

yea one of my co-workers talks about relationships that exists between people in real life and in game like wtf

6. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

Online gaming is no good if you plan on having a life... No 2 ways about it.

7. Skinny Pimp

Skinny Pimp OK

my social life has improved since i had to give my ex girlfriend her PS2 back. I havent played a video game in months. :o

8. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

I find this is true of online forums as well :o

9. Jimeigh

Jimeigh Every rook and jay in the corvidae have been raven

i bet that's good for business.

:rofl: jesus fucking christ, kid wants to buy a game and you give him unsolicited relationship advice at the expense of your store's business. brilliant.

10. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

Typically the people that come into that store are too far gone anyway. The ones that come in with women are the ones I stop.

11. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

I happened to notice his woman sighing in anguish when he picked up the box. Thought I'd help him out. He bought it anyway. Just hope he plays in moderation.

Its proven. MMOs do damage when they aren't controlled. And he was a grown man by the way. Whenever anyone picks WoW up its kind of a running joke between all of my associates to give the buyer shit. They always wind up buying it anyway.

12. Jimeigh

so you're giving grown men unsolicited relationship advice when you know they probably wont listen.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

13. HoodRich

HoodRich Professional Street Nigga OT Supporter

that makes no sense, i play warcraft sometimes as much as 3 or 4 hours a week. I know that seems like a ton but it doesnt seem to effect my social life at all. If i'm in the lab and i've got the centrifuge going or something sometimes I cant do anything for an hour or so, I'll log in and play some warcraft. Sometimes I cant get to sleep at night because i've got some problem i'm trying to work out and just dont wanna worry about it, so i'll log into the game for like 20 or 30 minutes and have some fun, it clears my mind and i can fall right asleep

14. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

Actually it was kinda funny. All parties laughed... Your point?

15. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

3-4 hours a week isn't a problem... 18 hours a day is.

16. Jimeigh

you're a silly person

17. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

So are you. Your hard on for me is even funnier.

18. HoodRich

HoodRich Professional Street Nigga OT Supporter

18 hours a day? WTF, there are really people that can do that?

19. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

I worked for Blizzard dude... Its common for people to do more than that.

20. Jimeigh

so when you tell these guys that playing WoW is bad for relationships, do they tell you that you're too short to know what a relationship is like?

21. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

Funny guy. Shame... I thought you could do better than that. Get over me. :love:

22. Jimeigh

im not attracted to short guys

23. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

So get off my dick.

24. Jimeigh

ive been having an unfortunate bout of sexual altruism, but i am over it, and so i shall.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  25. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Active Member

I highly agree with this one. It's helped me immensely