To all the Final Cut experts

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DPoon, Feb 1, 2008.

1. DPoon

DPoon .

I just recently picked up Final Cut Express, however I don't know shit about video editing, creating, adding music/sound, etc.

So where do I start? is there an quick reference guide I can go to?

I have an .avi file encoded with divx. What I am trying to do is add an intro/title to the avi. Add different music/sound clips and then create a ending credits screen.

2. Yardsale

Yardsale OT Supporter

the manual that comes with it is especially detailed with the basics, there were good video tutorials I found on the internets, I'll link it to you when I find it.

3. dmora

dmora Guest

4. DPoon

DPoon .

How can I keep my original resolution when I am finished with the project? The original file I have is perfect quality, but when Im done editing it in FC it looks like shit.

5. DPoon

DPoon .

Maybe I'm a MAC or FCE noob or something, but when I am done adding titles, credits and music to my avi file and export it it looks like shit. and the files ends up being huge, 2gis+

All I am trying to do is take my crystal clear 375mb avi file and add a title, credits and music. Which I don't think after adding them in should take over 500mb.

but again, it ends up looking like shit.

6. SuperCzar

SuperCzar Mac Crew, DSLR Crew

This is going to be difficult, because you're going to have to convert the file a few times to do this.

DIVX, while a great playback format, is not an editing format, so FCE is probably converting the file to an editing format such as DV which is compressed so you're going to lose a small amount data there.

Further when you export the clip, be very aware of your export settings as that determines the quality to a great degree... But be aware that you will likely lose a great deal of data in this process.

What format are you exporting to, and what settings?