TJ is runnin a little doggy...exhaust?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by RyanL, Jan 25, 2006.

1. RyanL

RyanL OT Supporter

I am wondering why my wrangler seems to have a lack of horsepower. I know that my exhaust has disconnected itself from the muffler during a recent offroading trip... I upgraded tire sizes from 32" to 33" but I know that is not a viable reason for loosing top end speed and low end torque.

2. Jeffery

Jeffery Guest

:rolleyes: Seems as if you allready know the answer to your question. We dont like trolls here at OT.

3. FUBU

FUBU Guest

Raising your tire size is a viable reason for losing top end speed and low end torque, it doesn't sound like you regeared the diffs so that would make perfect sense. Did you start to notice this when you changed tire size? What are the specs on your Jeep? 4 or 6? 5 speed or auto? what's your diff gearing?

4. FUBU

FUBU Guest

:rofl: Ryan just ignore Jeffery, he thinks he's still on JU. ;0

5. Jumpem

Jumpem OT Supporter

I guess we don't like you then. :mamoru:

6. RyanL

RyanL OT Supporter

That was definantly my roommate posting on my name... but i'll relay the information anyway.

Its a 6 with a 5spd and standard gearing BTW

7. victum132

victum132 New Member

changing the tire size from 32 to 33 is not going to make that much of a difference that you would need to regear the diffs.

8. Jeffery

Jeffery Guest

:rolleyes: More crappy tech advice. No, you are right though, going from a 32 to a 33 isnt going to be that drastic, but running on stock gearing designed to be used with 29's and moving to 33's is :ugh: :ugh2:

9. victum132

victum132 New Member

what size tires did your jeep come with? you should also have your cat cheaked out could be clogged, since you exhaust has been disconected