COMIC 'tis be a sad day

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Mr Coffee, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

Z-Cult closed down their torrent/download sections
    :wtc:

2. tatzlwurm

tatzlwurm New Member

No coincidence this happened after Marvel started their own on-line catalogue.

Last Post from Serj, the owner of Z-Cult

"Ok news update, home from work and just had a cup of tea.... more to come soon.

jk.

We got legal letters from both Marvel and DC Comics who have been working together to send us these legal threats. We are currently dealing with the legal issues and they have given us 3 days before they are forced to take anymore action..

Z-Cult FM website was put offline last night by me (no one else) after I got the email while in work and issued a code red alert (we have drills also 5 times a year). We decide putting the site offline was best course of action to analyse the situation and decide our best course of action. We have confirmed one of the legal letters is 100% from DC Comics when a phone call was made to DC Comics who confirmed the email and its contents. As of today we was unable to contact Marvel and we are trying again tomorrow just to 100% confirm it.

Today we decided it was time to bring site back online but without the torrent and download sections. One of Marvels demands was we take down Z-Cult FM for good but we will never let the main Z-Cult FM site die even if that means torrent free.

We are currently deciding our future and working on it as we speak. We will do our best to keep everyone happy but our future decissions might cause some of our users to think we have given in, but this isn't the case, we are just currently working through this situation and taking the best course of action to keep the site up and our staff safe.

What can you do? All we require from our users is support. Kind words and hugs will be fine. Do not cause any trouble that will give Z-Cult FM a bad name. If you think the publishers were wrong please express it here as its your right to protect but I do not want Z-Cult FM's name dragged through mud because of some users actions which could occur if people decide more extreme protests are required.

Keep checking back and we will be sure to update everyone with latest news. Be sure to visit our chat room if you have any questions or want to talk to me or other Z-Cult FM staff.

Do not believe any rumors as we have not spoken to any news sites, such as newsarama, so any news sites have are just guesses. We have facts and will give you these facts. We do seem to have spies thou such as some news sites snooping in our IRC chat room :p"

3. kelvs

kelvs OT Supporter

yup. those fuckers. first, oink, then demonoid, now z-cult. and that komics-live thingy's registration is closed.

all i have now is kaskus

4. Boyle

Boyle New Member

anyone know any other torrent sites? there dropping like flies

5. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

Not any decent ones anyway.
    Now only us and a few warez forums like ProjectW and Warez-BB i know of :(

6. kelvs

kelvs OT Supporter

I'm waiting for Waffles to put a comics up a section again.

7. void

void oh yeah?

i'm telling you guys, get into newsgroups. yeah, you have to pay for a decent newsreader, yeah if your isp doesn't offer newsgroups then you'll have to purchase a sub from a site like xnews, but you'll get blazing fast downloads, whatever your max down speed is, you'll be able to download at that rate.

nothing like downloading a 20mb book in less then a minute.

8. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

for some reason i just never understood how to use it, and im quite technical too :dunno: last time i took a look at one newsgroup clients was like 10 years ago though, so i might have gotten smarter since then. maybe ill give it another try.

9. kelvs

kelvs OT Supporter

are there free newsgroups ?

10. Bobbot

Bobbot Safer than a Doombot!

Do you upload to elephant drive?

11. void

void oh yeah?

i upped a metric ton of stuff to warskrull, but i've never even used the elephant drive. that and my computer is in storage for the time being while i get my crap sorted.

last bits i've downloaded from newsgroups was last months worth of books up until last week. if anyone needs anything in particular, find me a login, and how to upload and i'll do my best.

12. Nader_D

Nader_D HAHAHEHHUH ---- POOOHhHhHHCHhh! OT Supporter

what newsgroup servers do you use? my buddy is offering to use his while he has it :x:

13. void

void oh yeah?

a.b.comics.dcp

or something like that

14. Hiero

Hiero New Member

Fuck, man...

15. kelvs

kelvs OT Supporter

And we're back !

http://zcultfm.com/~comic/viewtopic.php?t=70357
    :coold::coold::coold: