TIRES: Kumho MX vs Hankook Ventus Rs z212

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by red97gst, Apr 28, 2006.

1. red97gst

red97gst New Member

Anyone tried both these tires? That is FWD?

I have about 250whp and have of course had wheelspin probs, but was very happy with my Falken Azenis (215, previous design). But I need new rubber now, and the new Azenis 615s are significantly more expensive. About $35-40 more per tire than the others.

I have heard the MX is relatively soft, so i was going to lean towards that tire, as other FWD guys have been liking em, but have heard rave reviews about the hankooks. Both are around 200 tread rating, i coudl care less about tire life or wet traction

Any opinions? These 3 tires are the only ones I am interested in

2. Milin

Milin It's Terminal.

ive tried the MX and they are as sticky as the azenis are and in fact people in autocross have had just as good luck with the MX as with the azenis in competition.

they lasted me a long time, but part of that is how I drive.

I have heard good things about the hankooks, but I haven't tried them. Just the MX and I loved them.

3. rtm5003

rtm5003 New Member

i've had my rs-2's for about a year now (minus 5 winter months) and i love them. they're real sticky, and don't appear to show any signs of wear yet, even though i definitely give them a good workout. my buddy has mx's on his itr, and, while they seem to be awesome tires, i feel that the rs2-s will definitely last a good deal longer than the mx's... for a street tire, i'm 100% happy with my hankooks, and would definitely buy another set in the future unless something new and exciting proves to be a better value.

4. C25A1guy

C25A1guy New Member

I have RS-2's on my car for almost a year. Very little tread wear thus far (espically since I'm running a lot of camber and a lot of toe, very suprising). The grip is near that of those of when I had my RT-215, but turn in feels slightly more sloppy (softer sidewall). Haven't ran at the track on these tires yet, so I can't really tell you what they handle like when pushed to its limits and when they start to get hot. But overall, these tires are great bang for the buck