SRS Tired of my friends.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Grass, May 21, 2007.

1. Grass

Grass New Member

Not really sure what to do.

I'm getting real tired of my current group of friends. Most of the time I don't feel motivated to call them even if I'm bored as shit. We've got very little in common and I'm just friends with them because I was back in high school.

The way things went, I kinda bitched out and spent every waking moment with my ex-girlfriend when I was a senior in HS, and then when we broke up after my freshman year of college, I started hanging out with these kids.

They're all buddy buddy and although they like me and I like most of them, I don't feel any REAL connection to any of them. Like, I don't even want to go out of my way to hang out with them sometimes, I just do because there's nothing else.

I'm 21 and not exactly sure where I'm supposed to go from here. Like, I've never been put in a position before where I've been forced to make a new friend, so I have no idea how to go out and do it.

I'm lonley :hs:

2. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

Just be yourself go out and have a drink and make your circle of friends a little bigger!

Try to get in on a dart game or a pool game and that with force you to have a conversation with the people around/playing with/against.

3. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Same here man.. I have been hanging around the same type of people forever and I am looking to get to know people I have more in common with.

4. awdboost

awdboost New Member

No point in hanging out with them unless you really have a connection or like having fun with them.

Like Gregsaidthat go places you HAVE to conversate with others. Pool hall, bar, basketball games, poker tournaments; and expand your group of friends.

5. Grass

Grass New Member

Thanks for the advice, but I feel like this stuff is much easier said than done. I mean like, what am I gonna do, talk to a dude at a pool hall and then ask for his number so I can stay in touch? He'll just punch me in the face.

6. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I met a ton of people from work but when I didn't work there anymore no one hanged around me. I only talk to one person on aim still out of like 6 other people.

7. Grass

Grass New Member

Yeah, I been thinking about the job thing. I'm starting an internship in NYC tomorrow for the summer, and I'm working with 4 other interns that will be around my age. 2 dudes and 2 girls. Hopefully some of them are cool :hs: