SRS Tired & Bored of Waiting in my Life.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by LiQuiD_FuSioN, May 9, 2005.

1. LiQuiD_FuSioN

LiQuiD_FuSioN New Member

Meh, to life as far I'm concerned.

I honestly, don't know what to do with my life. I think, once I move out, I can actually experience what life has to offer. When I'm at home, I feel bounded to my family still and all that's in it. Or maybe, I need to get out of my shell? Bah.

Now, I don't know. I'm still waiting.. waiting for the right time, it's hard to say. I still need some education and still need money. I'm 19 already, am I getting to old for this?

Anyway, I'm tired of being shy and having no other person to love (opposite sex). I'm just plain tired of being tired, lol.

Where can I slip into another dimension? Can I switch lives? Is there a key to unlock, that no one has told me about?! :wtc: It drives me crazy almost to no end.

2. LiQuiD_FuSioN

LiQuiD_FuSioN New Member

*cock* *aim* *snap* *bang*, yay! I'm free! that's all I had to do, now I don't have to live my life following an inevitable long path to death, with pain and depression along the way!

3. topdawg196

topdawg196 New Member

please, you don't really beleive that do you. I'm 21 just finished 4 years of college and have NO f-ing clue what to do with my life. I just can't seem to find the right job or girl and I don't know where I'm gonna end up. I don't feel like starting life all over again but it seems as though that's where my future is headed. One chapter ends and another will follow, don't worry just let shit fall into place. Always keep some sort of motivation, work toward your goals.

4. knarxed

knarxed New Member

You sound like me a bit. Not knowing what to do. Just living and not thinking ahead. I honestly don't know what I will do for a living in 10 years.

I am going to turn 20 in about 21 days. We are still young and it is never too late to get things straight. One day, I don't know what it will take (maybe going to therapy), but I will turn my confidence switch on and tell myself I can do this. Getting a girlfriend, school, work, friends all take a lil confidence and when we do nothing to achieve the goals, we dig deeper into our hole.

Try to search in yourself and pick out things that interest you. Maybe you can get a carrer in it? Or a councelor can help you with that.

5. project2501

project2501 New Member

hell im 26 and just now halfway thru my degree now that i got serious about it last year. dont feel like you have to conquer the world in 20 years.

6. ponderous

ponderous New Member

ditto on that one...one day at a time:wiggle:

7. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

You need to get a job.

You need to work real fucking hard at it. 50-60 hours a week. Get two jobs. Save all the money you make. Don't move out. Fuck that. Live at home. Save save save.

Save a few thousand dollars. Buy a plane ticket to somewhere you've never been before, far, far outside your home country. Go there. Move around. Learn to take care of yourself.

If you're19 and you don't know what to do... travel. Get your ass out there into the real world. Your life will aquire meaning, if you do. You'll get broader horizons, a better perspective on life. You'll figure something out. You'll figure out what parts of "you" are really you, and what parts are just your environment.

You need to travel, bad.

8. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Thumbs up on the travel. There's no bigger mind awakening experience then that...

We're talking passport travel too...not just a trip across the state lines.

9. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

We're talking dirt cheap, cross-continental backpacking. Pick a cheap place where your money goes a long way. These places are also the least familiar to you: Asia, Central/South America, or Eastern Europe.

You have to make your life interesting. Sitting on your ass is only going to make it worse.

10. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

if you are tired of being shy, then stop calling yourself shy!!

be loud, boisterous and rude for all that it matters!! (oh, you care too much about people, hey?? well, you have to lose love to gain it!!)

:big grin:

11. LiQuiD_FuSioN

LiQuiD_FuSioN New Member

I don't want to be stupid if I don't have a higher education than that of high school. I'm going to get ate up in the job market if I don't have a degree in something, right? And I do have a job. It's not as demanding though, a few hours at night with a hefty wage, but that's it in my life.

Aside from that, I feel like I got the wrong end of the deal in life. I got the sub-par qualities in life and not the top notch ones that I need to suceed with. I lose in so many areas. Again, I'll say that I am: Shy, Ugly and plain wrapped up in myself. It's such a bad mindset and i can't seem to find my way out of it.

12. LiQuiD_FuSioN

LiQuiD_FuSioN New Member

Why is the world so fvckin' hard anyway?

The things people do and say sometimes, is equivalent of a guy beating up an infant with a baseball bat.

13. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Shut the fuck up you whiner. WAAAAAAH. You're life is fucking boring because you are. Change that. Go on a trip.

14. LiQuiD_FuSioN

LiQuiD_FuSioN New Member

15. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Laugh all the way to the travel agent, bitch. ;)

16. BradUF

BradUF Guest

17. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Life is what you make it celebrate it. If you do nothing, then nothing will happen. Action is required to make the most of your life, you need to put yourself in a position where you are decisive and define your own lifestyle. NEVER WAIT IN LIFE, because life is too short, and you should say to yourself ' i am alive now ' and thus i do the things while oppertunity is stil available. Heck you don't know if your going to be disabled or in a wheel chair due to some horrible circumstances in your life, some people would crave for your ability to walk and do things. If you are blessed with the things you have, you must enchant your life by using them. Going out,working on your future, setting out plans for what you want. Do anything exept nothing at this point.

18. knarxed

knarxed New Member

Travelling sounds like a very good idea.

19. Amanda Renee

Amanda Renee New Member

i felt like that right when i got out of high school. i didnt know what i was doing. mind you that was only three years ago but in those three years its been great and soo tough. i lost my job, got a new job that i love and have been there for two years now... i actually have a career. i bought my first car.. i moved with a boyfriend whom i loved, had my heart broken and now i live alone. i think stuff happens right before your eyes and you dont even know your changing and evolving into your real life. try not to think about it to much. youll figure it out... you have plenty of time

20. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

In Europe, as in America in the past, it was common practice to go travelling after high school, and before college, so that you could "find yourself," and get some interesting experiences upon which to base your life decisions. They still do it in Europe, as evidenced by the strong backpacking culture there. But its less common in the US today... in the past, MANY people would apply for the peace corps, etc. after college, or take off after highschool, etc.

You need to do this.

21. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

College is a huge mistake for him right now. He needs to figure out what he wants out of life, and college is a very fucking expensive place to do that.

If he goes to college now he will fuck it up, switch majors 3 times, and end up with the easiest degree he can get his hands on.

THis boy is not ready for college. This guy needs to travel.

22. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

LOL. Its this attitude that you are espousing that is the VERY THING that is making him so unhappy and feeling like life is pointless. He feels pressured to conform to this "one vision" of a life thats worthwhile, and it isn't for him. Thats why he is unhappy. You are only reinforcing that unhappiness with your advice, and with your characterization of any alternative as a "pathway to certain doom." Jesus. You don't know enough about life to be giving advice here.

And the statment:

is SO amazingly stupid and ignorant, I'm not even sure how to respond. Yes he should travel. No, its not true that he will never go to college if he does. No, he should not have unsafe sex, and No the fast food service industry is not a good way to go.

23. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Hard one Magnum. While I took the college route myself, Peyomp's got a point - Jumping into a college without direction could lead to nothing more then a piece of paper and $20K+ of debt.

They come out with no ambition, no maturity, & no spirit....and least of all, a true sense of what the "real world" is. College life was very far from an experience in real life situation for me. And as a person who's done quite a few hires for my company...I've met quite a few college grads whom I woudn't trust to light a candle.

It's arguable that there is a lot more learning involved if Liquid really takes an opportunity to actually witness and see parts of the world....I'm not talking barhopping or getting laid here...but to absorb what's around him, meet people in his travel, backpack the country, etc.

I recently had a conversation with one of my clients who is a retired woman...perhaps in her 60s or 70s. My god she's got stories you wouldn't believe as is typical when you talk to someone who's at an age where they've experienced just about all life can offer and they're content. But in that conversation we had, you know what lit her eyes up when we spoke? She recounted the time she took right before college where she took 3 months away from it all....hopped on a boat & slept from hostel to hostel.
    But she met lifelong friends and received an experience in cultural awareness too few among us Americans have these days and it's a shame.

I could tell that was a value to her beyond words. Her eyes told me everything.

We have a situation here where Liquid has a choice to spend maybe $4k in his first 12 credit college semester with absolutely no idea what he wants to do, OR perhaps he can take that same investment to put into a 1 or 2 month program traveling abroad.

Got no money? Join the Red Cross.... take the Jet Program teaching kids English in Japan. This way you're actually putting your energy into helping others while you're at it.

Bottom line...don't be stupid. Don't put yourself in a situation where you're going to be in a debt up to your nose for nothing...whether it's college OR travel. But there are smart ways to do either one of these things to improve your life...and EITHER opportunities are better then sitting around whining about it.

24. johan

johan Active Member

Opened his eyes have become

25. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

peyomp has a great point.

I mean, I didn't start college till I was 20 and i stuck with it. i wasn't ready for college after HS and wouldn't have taken it seriously. I started college when I was ready to take it seriously and I prospered.

college isn't for everyone. Traveling would be a productive way to kill time and mature. I've traveled the planet and back and wholeheartedly agree that it would not harm him at all, but only enhance his view of his own life.