SRS Tired all the time...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by FadeToBright, Aug 17, 2008.

1. FadeToBright

FadeToBright FadetoFfuu

I'm currently going to counseling & on Lexapro for my anxiety & depression....

But I'm ridiculously tired all the time. No matter how much or how little I sleep. I eat well, but my anxiety keeps me out of the gym. :hs:

I've just been really sad and empty for the past few weeks. Not sure what to do...

It's frustrating for me & my girlfriend. :hsd:

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

It might sound as complete non-sense at first but fatique like that is the result of an imbalanced aura. I want you to start practising Bhuddism and Reiki healing, regardless on wether you believe it or not, if you do these things its about spending time bringing yourself into balance which is a good thing, and by loving and helping others you will gain energy and fill in that black hole that resides in your soul.

That way you can focus your life on greater goals, and by restoring the energy flow thru your aura, you will feel more energetic.

http://www.taleofgenji.org/buddhism_for_beginners.html

Depression is like a monster chewing away your energy. Medicines are symptom supressors not problem solvers, the common thought is that if you are depressed its because there's a chemical in your brain that isn't functioning, that's not completely correct. Depression is a result of how you intereact with the world and how the world reacts on you.

What i want you to do is to post your story on all the things that are going wrong in your life, so we can start tackling the genuine factors that are really causing you to feel miserable.

3. HatSee

HatSee Active Member

Forget that, you are depressed, which is why you are tired, sad, and feel empty.

It sounds like you are on meds, how long have you been? If it's been long enough that you should be getting better then bring it up to your doctor and possibly increase the dosage or switch to something else.

4. deadmeat

deadmeat Active Member

Um, from a medical perspective - being diabetic can contribute to something like this as well... it can also contribute to mood swings. See if you can get your doc to at least to a finger stick.

5. FadeToBright

FadeToBright FadetoFfuu

I've been on meds for about 5 months now. I'm on a low dose (10mg of Lexapro). I'm going to my doctor soon, and my counselor suggested having my meds upped to 20mg.

I was going to look into Buddhism regardless Darketernal, so thank you for the link.

College starts back up soon, so I want to be able to be awake and alert for classes.

(I work M-F 8-5pm and class on M-W & S ; full course load :hsd:)

edit:

Also what's going wrong:

Not a lot to be honest. I have a loving family & girlfriend.
    Work just sucks, I hate my coworker that I share an office with. :o
    It literally exhausts me listening to him talk to himself aloud, put me down, listen to my phone conversations etc, etc.
    I've told my boss, & he has yet to do anything. :hs:
    I want to work out but my anxiety is so bad that going to the gym causes me to have an anxiety attack...

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  6. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

You already know your problem. You don't exercise enough. You don't have to jump in the deep end (eg go to the gym). Just walk or bike around the block. Work up a sweat, do it for an hour, and you'll love it. The more you do it, the more you'll sleep like a rock, and you'll wake up feeling like a million bucks.

EXERCISE MORE.

7. FadeToBright

FadeToBright FadetoFfuu

I actually just got done exercising. :wavey:

8. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

Good. What you really need to do are cut out the drugs too. All that does is enforce a stable mental state, but it's probably a lot more "low" than you could get on your own. Only thing is, talk it over with whoever prescribed it before you stop. But for serious, unless you have some big medical issue like MS or a tapeworm, regular exercise and a decent diet will get rid of pretty much all your depression.

9. HatSee

HatSee Active Member

You are depressed, one possible symptom of that is sleeping a lot, obviously the meds are not working 100% and you should see a doctor about it.

Exercising will tire you out, and if you are already fatigued you will probably sleep quite well, but it might be for 14 hours or so. Which is not what you want obviously, you want to sleep normally, and you wont do that by running on a treadmill for an hour a day.

Go see your doctor.

10. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I also recommend exercise, its healthy and although initially you are tired, after the recovery you will burst with energy.

11. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You don't have to go to a gym to exercise. Exercise more and drink lots of water.

12. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I would see that your sleep habits are not consistent.

Get on a regular sleeping schedule and stick to it, even on the weekends.

13. Striker22

Striker22 New Member

I feel the same way man. I wonder what it would cost and such to see one and be on a possible prescription

14. FadeToBright

FadeToBright FadetoFfuu

Well I work 8-5 M-F, so I am up at 5am M-F. I go to bed around 9-10pm during the week. Weekends usually 11-12pm and get up at 7am-8am.