Tire shine?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Kerpal, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Kerpal

Kerpal handlobraes

I'm looking for a good tire protectant... I want something that doesn't make the tires *too* shiny, just a nice deep black satin finish... I need to find something that doesn't attract dust at all b/c I'm mostly using it for my family's trucks that see a lot of dirt roads... the longer the protectant lasts, the better (duh). Hopefully there is something sold at regular auto parts stores that is decent? I really don't want to have to order some expensive stuff and then pay to have it shipped here...

2. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

EagleOne Wet Tire Shine.

It leaves a nice pearl satin finish (In the photo industry, Pearl is the mid gap between full matt, and total gloss). Its not glarey at all, it stays cleaner longer, and it doesnt brown the tires like ArmorAll can. Ive used it with great success for a while now, and love it. Not to shiney, not to wet, just nice and black.

3. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Try a 50/50 mix of Meguiar's W Dressing (Pro Body Shop line) and Armor-All. Looks great! :cool: This is also recommended in Scott's product list, part 1.

4. Kerpal

Kerpal handlobraes

thanks for the advice... I don't believe the W Dressing is avalible locally, and Armor All seems to attract dust so I'm not to sure about using it... might try the Eagle One since its easy to find here. :)

5. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Take a look at your local pats store. All of the parts stores out here have the Eagle one Tire applicators pad in a pack of two for $3.50. But the cool part is that it also comes with a little 3oz. bottle of Eagle one wet tire shine. So you can at least try it, without having to spend $8 for a can of stuff you may never use again.

6. Postwood

Postwood Guest

I agree with Buck-O on this. Get the little sample pack with the two applicators. It's $2 at Wal-Mart and I've seen it at AutoZone in the past also. EO Tire Shine works pretty good. It's longevity isn't what I'd like though, but the look is right. Just make sure to buff off the excess as it will sling if you glop it.

(How do I add an avatar?)

7. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Regular Armor All has been reformulated, so it now has a nice satiny sheen and seems to last longer.

Clearkote's Tire Treetment is also very good. Lasts a real long time too. It looks super shiny when you first apply it, but after a minute or two, it looks more satiny.

8. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Is that what you're recommending now, or are you still using the Armor-All/W Dressing Mixture. I'm almost out of the mixture, just wondering if there's something better out there that I should check out.

9. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

10. Chadder007

Chadder007 OG Diamond Member

So what is good....and is shiney on tires? I like mine to shine. :)

11. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

W-Dressing/Armor All combo, straight W-Dressing, straight Armor All or Clearkote's Tire Treatment will all give a nice satiny sheen.

Chadder007-I don't know for sure. I don't really like the look since I think the paint should be shinier than the tires.