Tips on Detailing glass

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by NorthPac, Aug 3, 2005.

1. NorthPac

NorthPac New Member

Tips on Detailing glass

Detailing glass vary few know how to detail glass or ever thought about it so I thought I would write something up on detailing glass. On just about every high-end Detail on older cars I always use a glass cleaning/polishing paste which takes everything that’s on the windshield like wax, minerals (hard water spots), over spray even rainx off and leaves the glass crystal clear & simi-polished. Cleaning/polishing paste works better then claying your windshield, it polishes your glass that restores glass like brand new. The stuff I use is called AMAZ hard water stain remover and polishing compound I use it /w my PC /w a cutting pad that I devoted just for glass that I keep in a plastic rubber maid container. It only takes me 5 to 10 min’s to go over all the glass on a car. Also properautocare.com ( < Click) carries a glass polishing kit for your PC that works even better.

If glass has light scratches then a high quality cerium oxide glass polish ( < Click) and a special polishing pad will remove light scratches. Don’t heat the glass, don’t stay in one spot. I charge extra for this and its by request only.

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Good tips!

The best way I have found to keep glass clean on a regular basis is NXT Glass Cleaner and those blue Vroom microfiber towels they sell at Target. No streaks even in the direct sun.