A&P tips on cleaning digital cameras

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by zennoodle, Oct 29, 2004.

1. zennoodle

zennoodle ...hmm must've misplaced my socks

Just wanting to see how you guys clean your digital cameras. Also, I keep my camera in a camera bag but dust has gotten on the inside lens, any suggestions?

2. nitro

nitro Guest

Nothing.

Dust gets in ALL lenses. Even from factory. You can inspect any lens and find dust. Don't worry about it until it's a problem.

3. zennoodle

zennoodle ...hmm must've misplaced my socks

So far, it hasn't effected any of my pictures on my Canon Pro1...it was horrible on my A70 though and I kept it in a bag as well. What about cleaning the outside of the camera? Alcohol? cleaning wipes?"

4. nitro

nitro Guest

That's good.

I'd use lens cleaner if it is required (ie a fingerprint on it) otherwise just use a dry lens cloth or brush. Excessive cleaning with solvents will show a permanent marks/haze on the lens.

5. sony

sony Active Member

Dust inside the lens won't affect picture quality, not really anyway. The spot where the dust is might lose a bit on contrast, but its really difficult to spot it in the final image. Its not something you can prevent really.

If its still under warranty, Canon should clean the inside of the lens for you, but you have to send it in.

6. Kriddaw

Kriddaw More than meets the eye.

I use a microfiber cloth to clean my lenses and the mirror and prism on my camera, works well.