Tips needed: from friend to more than friend

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by unorthadox, Jul 11, 2006.

1. unorthadox

unorthadox New Member

I really want to be something more, have any tips other than the standard "be yourself"? Thanks, and sorry for such a general topic (maybe this can help out others too).

2. dieslow

dieslow Guest

Do you have any reason to believe she has interest in you? How good of friends are you? How long have you known her? Are you willing to take the kiss of death?

3. TigerWoodsJr

TigerWoodsJr LSX Elitist Prick

Yeah, we need more details... and av in this thread.

If you're in the friend zone once you try to leave you risk losing being even in the friend zone.... but details..

4. unorthadox

unorthadox New Member

I have some interest to believe she wants the same thing. For as long as I've known her (6 years now) she has never had a boyfriend (and no she's not a lesbian haha) and we seem to get along reallllly well. I wouldn't say we're best friends, as in hanging out all the time and stuff - but when we are together we work prety nice.

The problem is I don't know if she really does have intention or not. I'm dumb as a doorknob in sensing that in girls (well, im improving a bit) but i tend to find evidence to support my perceptions and not the realities.

We haven't gone on a date yet, just hung out, and I haven't made any moves towards her really. Aside from an awkward drunken conversation, I don't think she knows my intentions. "Is it better to have loved and lost then to have not loved at all?"

5. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

What was said in the drunk convo?

6. crazy15

crazy15 New Member

hah yeah cuz we know what happened during the drunk convo... more detials please. Kinda sounds like you MIGHT have been friend zones, i mean 6 years is a long time... but you never know.

7. notsousual

notsousual New Member

Have you just KNOWN her 6 years and been hanging out just like recently, or waht? I kinda got that vibe...and yeah we need a bunch more details.

And yeah I might be an 06 n00b...but I got an AV. That is all.

8. unorthadox

unorthadox New Member

Tough crowd to please haha. yeah I'll try and provide as much info as possible.

We've been friends for about 5 of the 6 years. But I only get to see her for half the year as she's away at a different school so it probally ends up less than that.

The drunken convo revolved basically around me asking her if she wanted to go out and see a movie, and her saying yes. But it was said in a way that i'm not sure if she took at as "wanna go hang out and watch a movie" or "i'll take you to the movies then to the moon" kinda deal.

Any guesses. Do I just straight up ask her if she wants to go out, as more than friends?

9. TigerWoodsJr

If you decide you want to give it a shot than yeah, straight up tell her you want to take her out on a date and see what happens.

10. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

IBladdertheory

11. Abomb

Abomb New Member

going from friends zone to nothing > staying in friends zone

12. xinster

xinster New Member

end of thread right here.

unless your comfortable enough with your sexuality to keep a few female friends. If you have too much insecurity youll likely torture yourself by constantly trying to get with her or making subtle actions which will definitely not get you anywhere.

13. MP525i

MP525i New Member

i can only tell you about my situation over 3 years ago.

i was 19 and out of high school. knew this girl since soph. year in hs. so when we started dating we knew each other for 4 years. we got along great in social settings with the rest of our friends. a good friend of hers, said that we would make a perfect couple. after her saying that a few times, the gears started to turn in our heads. one night, we were watching a movie and i decided to "make a slight move." she was laying down on the couch and i decided to lay next to her as if "to go to sleep." i moved in closer and gave her a kiss. we made out for the rest of the night and the rest is history.

the drawback...

we went out for almost 3 years.. we really didn't have that much experience with other people, so curiosity killed the cat. we both decided to see other people. no fights, no screaming... it was actually a pretty clean break up. we do not talk now... she was one of my best friends too. oh well.. live and learn.

a year later i met my current g/f and we've been together for over 2 years. we plan to get married june '07. :) just go with the flow man and take a chance.

14. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Freedom is not enough.

Are you physical with her? Lots of touching? If not then I would not bother. Sexuality is a very important part of a relationship and if during all these years you've done nothing but "talk" then I'm afraid her romantic attraction towards you is nil.

15. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

:werd: Don't just go and ask her on a date out of nowhere. When you've been friends for that long it's gonna sound a little weird to just say "so uh wanna go on a date sometime". Going on a date is what people do when they want to get to know each other, you guys already know each other. If you aren't flirty and touchy with her now then you need to slowly start doing that and see how she reacts. If she seems to like it and flirt back then just make a move and kiss her at some point. If she gets weirded out or looks at you kinda :ugh: then she only wants to be your friend.

16. TigerWoodsJr

Good advice Capt.

Feel her out...

17. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

What ^ and ^^ said

18. unorthadox

unorthadox New Member

Thanks guys and gals.
    :)

19. DagoRcR

DagoRcR OT Supporter

how many vaginas have you seen?

20. unorthadox

unorthadox New Member

21. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

Where's Armond when you need him?

22. niquesuave06

niquesuave06 New Member

Just remember that if you do end up in a relationship with her, make sure you stay friends as well as bf/gf. My current gf and I were best friends for awhile before we started dating and all of our problems have come from us not being as good of friends as we were. :wtc: But it looks like we're working through that :bigthumb:

23. M.A. Malone Esq.

M.A. Malone Esq. OT Supporter

If you're willing to take the risk of potentially losing a friend, I say, tell her point blank that you're interested in her that way.

24. dieslow

dieslow Guest

:bigthumb:

25. TigerWoodsJr

so have you made a move yet? :noes: