tips for womens

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by energie, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. energie

energie I like to place an order.. the name? Situation the

my gf wants to lose some weight like 10-15 pounds. her diet is meh, vegetarian she either doesnt eat for 2 days then eats or eats like everyday.

but i've gotten her to slowly eat something everyday and she has been. But she's been getting upset cause she gained some weight. which i've been telling her is mostly water weight.

she drinks alot of water, and from what i've heard. Drinking alot of water u retain water better then other liquids (cause we're made up of water) So it sticks with you. her weight fluctuates 2-3 pounds everyday.

she wants to lose 15 pounds, has started doing cardio and other exercises, but doesnt realise it takes hard work and time to lose and keep off that weight.

it all stems from a few years ago when she was anorexic, went down to 80-90 pounds about 3-4 years ago. But she's been around 115-120, she wants to redefine her body and just tone everything up and lose about 10-115 pounds and ideal goal of a weight around ~105-110.

I told her she just has to keep at it, hit the gym and do cardio exercise and not be afraid to lift weights. She doesnt wanna get big like girl bodybuilders :mamoru:

What other things should i tell her guys?

I know it takes a commitment and time to gain weight, and I already know what hardwork is, and she tells me anorexic ppl constantly think about their weight. and with her she say's she feels fine somedays and then somedays she doesnt. She missed about 2 weeks of school cause she gained a few pounds.

I don't know what to say to her cause if i come off the way i want (like a jackass just tell her to quit fucking worrying about it and get in the gym and change will come she will take it wrong way and cry)

its a touchy subject, so what should i tell her to do to lose a few pounds and get all toned up?

2. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

where did you hear this from?
    Drinking more water actually does not cause water retention, rather the opposite.

3. energie

a few guys i know were talking about it (all workout and are in good shape but then again said m1t wasnt illegal :mamoru:)

so drinking alot of water doesnt cause retention? it makes u lose weight?

4. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

You can't help someone with what looks like a mental disorder by providing them practical suggestions, even if they are true. She should see someone about it. She could loose weight and still feel fat so it's useless to do that now.

5. energie

she say's she doesnt feel fat or think she is like 90% of the time, something happens and she does.

she was at her friends ands one of there friends said she was bulimic and that kinda set it off.

i told her she should go see a nutrionalist. And i know no matter who she talks to no matter what until she gets happy herself it wont be useful anyone talking to her about it.

so im just kind of getting her started in the right way. I kno she doesnt think like that majority of the time, just she was crying for like an hour and i tried talking to her about it but couldnt do anything.

But i sorta got it all straightened out and she seemed like total opposite of last night, said she wants to go workout and eat right and everything.

Just a few stepping stones to get her in the right way

She's friends with a girl who was also anorexic and they go workout together and they are both fine now so i think if she sticks with her it will help

6. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Bodybuilders usually increase their water intake before competition to reduce water retention.

This may be more applicable to her...

http://health.howstuffworks.com/home-remedies-for-water-retention.htm

7. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

She doesn't need someone to help her deal with her food. She needs someone to help her deal with her feelings toward food, her weight and so on (a psychologist).

Anorexics want to "eat right" too. It's just that "eating right" is vague. And there is more to food disorder than anorexic. Some people who are normal or overweight/obese have an eating disorder. So when you see that picture of that 350 lbs guy with a "I beat anorexia" shirt, I would guess that this fat man has an eating disorder too (bulimic hyperphagia).

8. energie

i totally get what you mean andrew, its more the mindset she has. She eats right when im with her and eats healthy but not everyday/daily basis type deal.

thanks timber

9. Ashley

Ashley EEK!!!!

how tall is she? does she need to be 105?

10. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

if she's under 5'6'' then yes

11. energie

5'5

she looks perfect to me but wants to lose that 10 pounds

right now at 115-120

12. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

yeah i wouldn't encorage it to be honest, it sounds like she's going down a bad road. She may just be looking for compliments but she is probably better off staying at her current weight and just doing exercise to tone her body (ie, build small muscle mass).

13. energie

i told her that

i realised its more mental stuff she has to deal with.

Im not insensitive but sometimes i feel like telling her. Uhm you say you gained ten pounds since friday instead of sleeping all the time why not go and workout for fuck sakes

14. BarbaraWaltersPegleg

BarbaraWaltersPegleg Irish Guido

This had bad written all over...fuck man the girl was anorexic and now you want to tell her to lose some weight....brutal.

15. energie

no bro, i told her she doesnt need to lose any weight doesnt need gym or anything.

thats the way she feels. she wants to get in shape to wear a sports bar and lululemons and thats all like abs/no love handles but she keeps bringing up how she gaisn 2-3 pounds then loses 2-3 pounds like every other day

shits bringing me down. it gets me in a crappy mood cause i cant do anything to stop her thinking like that.

its the worst situation i could probably be in cause no matter what i cant fix it till she wants to fix it.

she likes to sleep more then wanting to get in shape like she said.

16. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

Uhmmm.... What the fuck?

ASIT?

17. energie

av?

18. samvette71

samvette71 New Member

5' 5" and she wants to be 105? That's ridiculous... She definitely needs to deal with psychological issues before anything else, otherwise she will never be happy with her body. We could give you a million suggestions but it won't do her any good until she has dealt with her self confidence/body image issues first.

19. samvette71

samvette71 New Member

It might be dangerous for her and this other girl to be working out together - if they were both anorexic they have the same ideals and might push each other too far/influence each other to lose more weight than what is healthy. They might say they are both fine now, but your gf sounds like she is still having trouble. For her to work out with someone else who thinks bones are hot might push her back into old habits.

20. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

don't do that either. I find it impossible to believe anorexic people gain that much weight. They usually eat very little, you're only giving her more to be self conscious about.

I'm not a big fan of needless compliments, but telling her she's fine and doesn't need to change is probably a good idea

21. energie

the other girls completly fine now,

22. energie

thats what i do

her weight changes non stop, she is fine now. went for a run and stuff said she lost 4 pounds. whatever makes her happy all i say is she looks good and doesnt need to lose anyw eight

23. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Yeah, right...

24. b21bballer

b21bballer Active Member

:mamoru:

25. energie

:mamoru:

actually i have no clue, come's off fine though

anyway problem fixed. I decided not to push for working out. If she decides to do it she can. i support her and only give her good comments about anything.

she seems fine and carefree today and in alot better mood. and doesnt seem to care. if she gains like 4-5 pounds she gets upset but that never happens

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.