SRS Tips for living a better life...?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by B-Unit, Sep 18, 2008.

1. B-Unit

B-Unit New Member

Found this on another forum, I kept in on my computer to read when something is bothering me.. thought you guys might be find it helpful..

Behold the approach of the photon belt, the Pluto archetype, what the Hindu's refer to as Shiva. The process of destruction that gives rise to rebirth and renewal. The divine presence that men call God will restore balance to the chaos. Our journey through the underworld is coming to an end and eventually freedom and enlightenment will return.

Through the darkness I embrace the light, recognizing that each has a role in that which is.

Become self aware. You are greater than the narcisisitic insatiable ego that creates the so called civilizations that we have today. By studying that which you are not, you can find yourself.

Love cannot be shared. If you don't love yourself nobody else can give that to you. Care and compassion are the extenstions of one's love to another. Be careful not to pursue relationships because they make you feel less empty inside.

Metaphysical science and spiritual philosophy are coming to certain convergance points. Realize that the "exterior" world is just a holographic projection of your mind. What goes around comes around.

Linear time is an illusion, there is only the now. Don't focus on the past or the future. Fear is the greatest enemy of man. The energies of fear, anxiety, paranoia create a low frequency vibration that is useful to those that wish to feed off you. You raise this frequency through care and compassion. Do not fear the Endgame.

Keep your mind open, always try to keep learning. Education is a continual process. The decisions you make are only as good as the information you have.”

2. Original

Original OT Supporter

3. Diesel Fumes

Diesel Fumes Guest

couldn't hurt to have this discussion here.

Everyone in the main forum dates a supermodel, makes 6 figures and can deadlift 900 lbs.

Good ideas in there for sure and worth the read. But some of us need help on a more basic level.

4. Mideel25

Mideel25 OT Supporter

Truth.

5. no lol today

no lol today Soy la bailarina de la muerta. OT Supporter

More fiber.

6. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

That edu thread (or rather the first post at least) was VERY GOOD. A lot of people here could benefit from reading all that. I just read it and it was pretty great.

That being said...I say this time and time again, but there are three "steps" to truly living well, and between those steps is a realization.

The realization: There is no way to happiness. Happiness IS the way.

The moment you realize that and it makes sense to you, is the moment you can take your first steps toward truly being happy. The idea behind it (which I think it's a Buddhist quote) is that people spend all their lives seeking things to make them happy, when the truth is you can be happy in whatever state you find yourself in. You don't NEED some outside influence to make you happy.

The three steps I mentioned earlier:

Know Thyself

Love Thyself

Be Thyself

I know it sounds simple, but you'd be surprised at how many people don't even know who they are or what they truly like. They spent so much time following what other people wanted, that they never took the time to figure out what THEY truly wanted.

And how can you LOVE yourself if you don't know who you really are? Even if you have figured out who you are, it's still possible to not love who you are. My suggestion for this is reading "The Tao of Inner Peace" by Diane Dreher. Great book for showing you how to truly love yourself and the things around you.

Finally, once you know yourself and you love yourself, the third step will come a lot easier. Everybody tries to skip to the third step immediately, and that's why it seems so hard. We have this "fake it til you make it" mentality that's damaging people from truly figuring out who they are and loving who they are. I promise you that once you get through the first two steps, there'll be very little "faking" confidence.