Tips for getting SAP off??

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by ABSTRAKT, Aug 1, 2004.

1. ABSTRAKT

ABSTRAKT per aspera ad astra

hey..My S13 has been sitting on my street for a couple monthes..Usually unmoved, Its been sitting under a couple pine trees so as you can imagine there are about 45 drops of sap on the car now...And its also had some sun on it..So some of the sap is dried on..I need to know how the hell to get this stuff off..I have now moved the car to a garage..So Someone help me! thanks

2. Ballast

Ballast Cold Heartless Bastard

Two summers ago, I go SOOOO much pine sap on my car, that it looked like it had rained. Everyone told me to try a claybar...

A guy at the shop brought me this stuff called Aqua-Solve. It's the stuff you would wash a car with before painting it. It strips everything off down to the paint, but leaves it untouched. It was a "wipe on, wipe off" product. And took it off instantly with no elbow grease. Then you just have to polish and wax.

I'd go to a local body shop and see what they use to wash their cars with before painting. The stuff I have hasn't been on the market since the late 70's. If you can't get if off, feel free to drive up, and we'll do it in my driveway.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Pine sap is a PITA to remove. I've never heard of Aqua-Solve but I guess if you can find some, give it a try.

If clay won't do it, you may need to use a pretty strong adhesive remover to break down the sap.

4. Ballast

Ballast Cold Heartless Bastard

PITA is an understatement. I went to the store and got some "bug and tar remover" that stated right on the side of the bottle that it would remove tree sap...

I used the entire bottle on my trunk lid, and it didn't do shit :(

5. Chadder007

Chadder007 OG Diamond Member

Ive heard of using a mixture of Vinegar and water to help with tree sap and deep water spots. Anyone else heard of this? :dunno:

6. Don_Rumsfeld

Don_Rumsfeld Guest

Stoner's tarminator

learn it - love it