GUN tips and tricks v. Mosin stripper clips.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by PanzerAce, Jan 11, 2007.

1. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

So I just got a pack of stripper clips for the mosin, but have been having problems getting them to feed. It seems that they just get stuck/wedged on the clip, and I cannot force them off. Also, everytime I do get them to start feeding, the clip itself starts to sink into the magazine as well. Anybody have any advice for how to get these fuckers to work properly?

2. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

I try to hold the clip with my left and use my right thumb at the base of the top round to push them all down while holding the rifle with rest of my right hand. Works pretty well for me when using uglycarfan stripper clips. Of course like an idiot it took me a while to realize that with the rim on each round I had to stack them in the clip a certain way and feed them in a certain way to keep them from jamming up.

3. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

how loose are the rounds when they are in the clip, I am finding that I have to open the clip up a little bit just to get them to feed :dunno:

4. Clusive

Clusive Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

5. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

tried that way, it only sort of works. I am making sure that the rims are all overlaping properly. Looking down the clip, it seems to be the situation that the rims are rubbing against the channel for them, which results in them being almost impossible to push out :dunno:

6. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

ok, well, I figured out that I somehow need to blow the bottom out just enough so that the rounds dont get wedged in there, but not so much that the top opens up and they fall out.

fuck these things are hard to get to work. Whatever, Im leaving it for tomorrow, not worth it right now.

7. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

I bought a pack of 20. I find its easier to just load by hand

8. sqwirl

sqwirl New Member

The technique I use is to support the gun in your left hand. Insert clip then hook your right pointer finger under the tip of the top round and put the pad of your right thumb on the casing right in front of the clip. Pull up with your pointer finger while pushing down with your thumb. You can get pretty quick and smooth loads with this method but mosin strippers still suck in my mind.

9. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington nunc fortunatus sum

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v252/blacst/Midwesternshoot/MidWestShoot2/?action=view&current=MidWesternShoot2054.flv

Some clips are better than others. I bought the uglycarfan strippers off ebay (highly recommended). I have never had a problem with them, and I don't even have a particular form when I feed them. Just hold the rifle with my left hand, rest it on a table or my hip, and slap the rounds right into the mag. Maybe its the strippers I'm using, but it's over in a matter of seconds and takes a fraction of the time that hand feeding does.

10. sqwirl

sqwirl New Member

Nice vid...

I can't remember if I picked that style up from one of the various mosin forums or from someone at one of the service rifle/mosin specific shoots I've been too, but someone definately enlightened me. I never use them unless I'm in a competition.

11. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

I took each clip and loaded it with 5 rounds, then bent it little by little and kept sliding the ammo through the clips til it was just right

12. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

I tried that, but It seems I cant get them both to stay stacked properly AND get them to feed. I think Ill take one, bend the guide rails way out, and bend the tips way in to see if it works.