TAT Tip for Tattoo Artist?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Snackwellchip, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Snackwellchip

Snackwellchip New Member

I'm going to be getting my first tattoo most likely this weekend (friday or saturday) and was wondering how much of a tip I'm "supposed" to give? Is there a certain percantage that I should give? or is it totally up to me? I'm not sure how much the tattoo will cost as I need to go to the tattoo place tomorrow and get a price estimate... Any Tips/Suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

I would say atleast $25 for ever $100 charged. If not over $100, $25 is still a good tip.

3. S.N.A.F.U.

S.N.A.F.U. Guest

I tipped 100% for my two i payed for. My guy does fast work, gives me just what i want and will put me before random people.

4. I did 20 on 60.

5. Snackwellchip

Snackwellchip New Member

Found out the tat I'm getting will be around $300-$325... so a tip of like $75-$100 would be good?

6. I always tip at least 50% to my guy... which may be why I am broke all the time... It gets pricey when I'm doing 4 and 5 hour sittings.

7. vodomagoo

vodomagoo .

my guy will be getting 250 after my next session when he finishes my upper arm, thats a lill over 1/4 the totaly cost of my arm and ill be seeing him for more pretty soon too.

8. Bharnz

Bharnz New Member

The best tip I ever received was 250 bucks for a 250 dollar tattoo, I love my job:big grin:
    But a twenty dollar tip, is great, if the artist does a great job, if He's an asshole, no tip.
    www.TATTUZ.com

9. Snackwellchip

Snackwellchip New Member

Alright, got the tattoo last night, I tipped $75 and it was $225... He did a really good job and was very nice... I'll post a pic of the tattoo later

10. Touche

Touche Guest

ahh the beauty of living in aus, no tip :) even better when you know the artist, cheaper tattoo still :)