MIL Tinker AFB :HSUGH:

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by evan2, Jan 15, 2008.

1. evan2

evan2 Guest

So saw my overseas returnee list today and well all I Got was Tinker or Ellsworth

So of course I put Tinker as my number one and left off Ellsworth hoping that the other guy wants it or has no short tour credit so I am a higher priority as im not coming off a short but have one.

So tell me about the local area, know its right outside of OKC which looked nice

where are the best spots to look for houses to buy?

2. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Edmond is the "rich" are of OKC, but is a 25+ mile commute. Not a hard drive if you take the tollway to 35, takes less than 30 minutes. Stay out of Moore housing wise, which is right outside Tinker.

Bricktown is a really nice area for clubbing and restaurants, the city has spent a lot of money developing this area.

There are a good amount of concerts and sporting events to attend in the area. Rodeos are a weekly thing.

Overall it's a good base, lots to do, and Dallas is a easy 3 1/2 hour drive away.

http://www.bricktownokc.com/

3. evan2

evan2 Guest

Thanks bro, saw a few homes in moore so ill stay away from that
    not big on driving but if im going to buy another home I guess ill deal with that

I saw that Dallas is 200 miles away or so which is nice as I know some ladies out that way.

4. BillyJackNCoke

BillyJackNCoke I've got something to say, I raped your mother tod

Good job on staying away from Ellsworth.

5. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

It would be easier to buy a house once you are at Tinker, than look online. There are new subdivisions in random places, and majority are geared towards the military.

6. evan2

evan2 Guest

Well I am and honestly was just looking to see what would be in my price range....I dont even have orders there yet but being bored over here in Afghan I need something to do

im going home early as I can get a flight out...so all th new guys that came I Gave all my projects so I sit at work all day with nothing to do though try to help where I can

7. clever_username

clever_username Active Member

i grew up right off base in Del City/Midwest City. shits changed since i lived there, used to be nice but now it's becoming more and more ghetto. i'd say try and get a place in shawnee. it's about 20-30 min east on I-40. also check out houses in yukon. it's all the way across okc on the western edge, but it's pretty nice out there. my sister lives out there now. traffic is never really too bad anywhere in town, imo. not compared to larger cities like dallas or atlanta. it always runs pretty smoothly.

8. MightyHondo

MightyHondo New Member

I'm headed out to the 552n'd as well in March. Planning on buying in Edmond.

9. evan2

evan2 Guest

Edmond is expensive and a good drive to the base...

10. MightyHondo

MightyHondo New Member

My kids live up toward Guthrie, and I want to be as close to them as possible. As far as expensive, even Edmond is a hell of a lot cheaper than the market that I just sold my house in. My be the high end of the OKC area, but still seems like a bargain for me.

11. evan2

evan2 Guest

oh yea not doubting that...but I do hate long commutes

12. NisAznMonk

NisAznMonk New Member

Whats wrong with Ellsworth?