Timed Carb Diet - Couple of ?? and review my menu

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by chknbone, Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chknbone

chknbone New Member

I know that the main thing for losing is "cals in < cals used" and I'm following that basic principle but I was reading about "Timed Carb Diets" and decided to give it a try just to try something different this time. The basics are that you only take in significant amounts of carbs right after a workout and for the first meal after the workout. Then you also get 2 days of carb loading during the week. Also during this diet you are supposed to keep your fat intake around 40% of the total calories.

Here is my exercise schedule:
    Monday, Wednesday, Fridays - I lift in the mornings and run in the evenings
    Tuesday, Thursday - off

Here is my diet for the first week broken down into amounts, calories, etc (it's a .pdf file you'll have to download but it's only 18kb and there's no registration or anything):
    http://www.mediafire.com/?9xj7jdshxmc

On the weekends I'm planning on keeping the total intake around 1800 cals while eating carbs with meals.

So I have 2 particular questions:

1. Does the diet in the pdf look ok?

2. Are there any foods or low-carb recipes that are high in poly/mono fats so I can eliminate some of the saturated fats that seem to be dominating my fat intake?

Thanks.

2. maks

maks Bah! t(-_-t)

your calories looked super low.

I did it last year for 3 months and re-started again last week. I gotta take off now but i'll get back to this thread later. TCD was great but very hard for me to stick to. I cheated every 3 days. Good luck.

Sample of my workout day...
    [​IMG]

3. chknbone

chknbone New Member

Yeah, I guess I should have added that I'm "old" and I sit at a desk the majority of the day which is why I set my calorie intake so low.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.