time to recert CCIE.. anyone taken the written recently?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Kewlb, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Kewlb

Kewlb New Member

anyone taken the CCIE Routing & Switching written recently? Is there still a lot of bridging and token ring (RIF's and such) questions?

What about Wireless and IPv6.. I think those are new additions to the written since I had to take it.. what kinds of topics does it drill you on for those?

tkz in advance.

T mins 3 weeks... and I be damned if I take the lab again.. :noes:

2. 7960

7960 New Member

You're violating your confidentiality agreement by asking these questions.

3. Kewlb

Kewlb New Member

No, I am not.

I did not ask for exact test questions. I just asked for a little more info then what is in the blueprint. ie: the blueprint states "IPv6".. I am just asking for a more narrow topic then that.. ie: you should brush up on how to summarize IPv6 addresses, and should brush up on IPv6 solicited-mode etc...

These kinds of questions are already asked and usually answered quickly in the netpro forums on cisco.com itself.. if this type of questioning was not allowed by cisco they would be pulled from the cisco.com netpro board fairly quick.

4. 7960

7960 New Member

So you're saying the general questions you asked are already answered? If that's true and you know it then why are you asking again?

"Is there still a lot of bridging and token ring (RIF's and such) questions?" is pretty specific...answering that question beyond what's on this page (link) violates confidentiality.

5. EvanD

EvanD Active Member

:ugh:

Sorry but I think you're being a little too anal here.

6. EvanD

EvanD Active Member

It's like me asking if the MSCE exam still has alot of questions about windows. Is that violating confidentiality?

7. 7960

7960 New Member

bad example... it's like asking "Is there still a lot of NT domain and password security questions?" Read the outline...that's the answer. Asking for more detail is asking questions that aren't supposed to be answered.

Maybe I'm being anal...I doubt it.

8. EvanD

EvanD Active Member

I suppose if he were asking a cisco employee these questions it may be a violation of some sort but if he's asking on a web forum I really don't think it is. Cisco obviously is aware that people discuss what's on the exams which is why they constantly change em...

but i've not taken the CCIE cert so I wouldn't know either way :mamoru:

9. Kewlb

Kewlb New Member

he is being a bit anal and I did already get the answers I was looking for both on netpro (which is RUN BY CISCO) and on the cramsession forums..

When I post a question I usually do it in 3-4 different places which usually gets me an answer quicker then if I posted it in one location.

I just felt the need to come back here, reply, and let 7960 know that he is quite wrong on my line of questioning violating the NDA

even cisco employees themselves will tell you some of the line of questioning on the exams. I was at lunch with a cisco employee a few weeks ago and we were talking and another person was taking an exam soon and the cisco engineer told them to really brush up on how bgp confederations and route reflectors work as well as concentrate hard on mutual redistribution and how to use policy routing to effect how EBGP decides which routes to use given multiple paths. if that is not direct I have no idea what is.

10. 7960

7960 New Member

It doesn't matter who you ask. Asking is against the rules.
    link to your question/answer on netpro?

11. 7960

7960 New Member

That answer violated the cisco employee's confidentiality agreement. If someone in the certification group overheard that answer both he and the person who asked could get their CCIE pulled.

12. Kewlb

Kewlb New Member

this was not a CCIE.. he was just taking a BGP exam for CCIP, heh.

anyway.. dont feel like searching for my exact question but just go here.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf;jsessionid=2F5CD8D73B7E6A0209C2ADD4DA08141F.SJ4B?page=netprof&forum=Career%20Certifications&topic=Certifications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_messages%26mode%3Dnew%26location%3D.ee702b1

and look over questions with comments and you will see almost all of them deal with the same thing I was saying.

sit down and eat your pie.

13. Kewlb

Kewlb New Member

if how you are putting things were true there would be no such thing as practice exams and especially no such thing as CCIE bootcamps.

Hell Cisco's Network Academy program will contain notes that say "YOU WILL SEE THIS ON YOUR EXAM".. how much more direct can you get.

Case in point at a CCIE bootcamp one item you will certainly see that the instructor/proctor will really drill you on is frame relay connections without using inverse-arp.. he will drill you on it AND TELL YOU that it is a big "gotya" on the lab exam (which it is).. this is even in some of their sample material for IPExpert -- if what you said holds any merit wouldn't cisco jerk their Learning partner title?

14. 7960

7960 New Member

You PMed me and I answered... I will not be eating any pie.

15. Schproda

Schproda New Member

WTF does it matter?

16. Clarity

Clarity New Member

give it to me then!