Time to go for the women I want

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ballerman230, Jul 1, 2009.

1. ballerman230

ballerman230 just a pale blue dot

My sexual and romantic life thus far has been composed, almost uniformly, of me messing around with girls that I think can do much better than. I think this because people tell me this. Frequently. Things start to get more and more serious until I realize that it has gone too far and that I don't want to be publicly recognized as being with this girl. I then break things off, leaving her confused and angry (because I can't really formulate a genuine explanation without calling her ugly), and leaving me with one less circle of friends generally.

I did this for the last time tonight. Despite my complete lack of personality and game, I belong to a particularly insular ethnic group that has made it easier for people like me to find girls. I now need to figure out how to confer this advantage towards seeking out higher quality women.

Women are often pretty interested in me when I first meet them, but the spark quickly dies, and I receive a lot more compliments about my looks than I think I actually merit. My head is so in the clouds, so trapped in analytics, however, that only with people who I've know for a long time am I capable of having empty banter and the kind of raw conversational fun that I used to be more capable of in high school.

I probably made myself sound like way more of a stiff-ass than I really am, but still, do you guys have any ideas on how to loosen up and be a bit more fun? I know a lot of the advice here before has been not to BE fun but to HAVE fun. But the truth is I have fun in nearly everything I do, regardless of whether its reading, writing, biking, hiking, solving math problems, drinking, etc. I just always seem to fall flat in casual conversation, and sometimes I am not just at a complete loss for words but am at a complete loss for thoughts in a way that I never am if I'm prompted to speak about something academic or political

2. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

Sounds like you are over analyzing the conversations, too worried about saying something that would make you sound stupid. Instead try working on some SIMPLE questions to ask girls before you go out, and maybe some compliments too?

3. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

:werd:

4. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I really liked the title to this thread.

5. Pringles

Pringles New Member

Put yourself in their shoes. People want other people to care about them and make them feel special. In a society where it's all competition people wanna know that they are above the average. They want you to tell them that subtly.

So start off easy with how are you, hows your day going. Kind of bland, I prefer more creative stuff like Whats the worst thing you ate this week? Or What do you think of Canadian geese. Remember it's not really what you say but how you say it and present yourself.

For the record I used to be the negative self-centered asshole like yourself. It's a road that didn't work for me, but none the less maybe it's right for you.

6. haargerman

haargerman ayuh.

what the fuck? :ugh:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  7. THoC

THoC New Member

so do you like these chicks (you fuck em so to some level you do) but bc "people" say you could do better you feel that you cannot be seen w. them?

8. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

Thats exactly the reason I came in here.

:werd:

9. JamesL

JamesL wat

Hmmm... Im not really sure what to say here. Except that I have a buddy who sounds just like you..... but he is not what you would call "attractive". So things could certainly be worse off for you :dunno:

10. ballerman230

ballerman230 just a pale blue dot

you know like with koreans, indians, jews, etc. if you're a 6 in the looks department but have a 3 personality you might still have more of an opportunity than a white guy who's a 7 and a 5. Not necessarily because the girls will be more selective dating out of their ethnicity (though some might), but also just because exposure might be diminished. You're from Boston, which my friends tell me is very different than California with regard to both the amount of minorities and their insularity.

11. knucks

knucks Active Member

this is probably the stupidest fucking thing ever.

i get what you're saying, but that's stupid.

12. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Why is god's name would you ever go for women you don't want?

13. Vysion

Vysion New Member

WTF does race have to do with attracting women?

14. TomBrady

TomBrady New Member

the op is an idiot?

15. haargerman

haargerman ayuh.

Are you saying Boston isn't as diverse as California? :rofl:

Or..are you saying that California tends to have more of a particular type of race.."pacific islanders"

16. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

that is untrue, at least for the races you mentioned.

17. THoC

THoC New Member

i see his point. he is saying that in some cultures they tend to date w. in their own circle.

bc a certain area may have less males that are "X" women in that ethnicity who only date within it will have to be less selective.