Time to get back to basics

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by gstrdr1, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gstrdr1

gstrdr1 Active Member

While in the gym last night I was thinking about how I need to get back to basics. A while back I started to get sucked into all of the different methodologies behind BB and PLing that seem to be the new hotness around F & N these days. Well since then my strength gains are nill and I've actually lost some size. I've decided that I'm just thinking too much and it's adversly effecting me in the gym. Sure, I still put in some work but I'm distracted by all of this HST, MaxOT, CP, stuff that's being thrown around. So, I've decided to get back to being simple in my approach. Basically, lift big and lift hard. If I hit a plateau, just work that much harder and break past it, if I need to lose some weight throw in some cardio. I'm not saying that these methods don't work, they just aren't for me, and I'd bet that a lot of F & N would also benefit by just keeping it simple and putting in the work.

That was probably long winded, and ramblesome but I had to say it for myself

2. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

I've gone back to that approach myself somewhat. Often the best workouts are the simplest ones on paper. Go in, work hard, and lift heavy weights.

3. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

I have been living by the same motto since the day I started lifting. I have never done maxot, cp, hst, WB, or any of the others. I have no doubt that they work, but I will just spend too much energy thinking instead of lifting although one day I am going to get enough initiative to do true CP.

4. trancezj

trancezj New Member

I'm too lazy to read all that shit now. Fuck that I've got better things to do, I'll hit the gym, and hit it hard and move the fuck on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.