Time for new tires...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Tundra_Jim, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Tundra_Jim

Tundra_Jim New Member

Well, after about 30k miles on my Toyo Open Country A/T's, its time for new tires. I think i'm going with bfg m/t's in 285/75/16 on the back and a/t 265/75/16 on the front (Truck is 2wd, full lock in rear now)

also considering Firestone m/t's for back and bridgestone a/t revo's for the front...

depends on what works out better in price...

2. Fareo

Fareo New Member

i have the BFG A/T's , they kick ass.. im sure the M/T would be even better.

3. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

why would you stagger size on a truck?

and I'd skip the bfg A/T in favor of the Nitto Terra-Grappler. In fact, the Nittop Mud-Grappler is better than the BFG M/T which hasn't seen a redesign in a LONG time.

4. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

I'm very happy with the Kumho road venture MT's perform well on road, and off... and tread wear is amazing for a MT.. I just got 60k out of mine.

5. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

Good to hear.
    Kumho has really come a long way in the past few years. They've brought up the quality in almost all their lines and the tires really show it. I'd probably opt for just about any Kumho over any comparable Goodyear.

6. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

I just put the Nitto Terra Grappler on my truck.

I definately like this tire more than the BFG ATs I've run. If you're looking AT, I'd go Nitto.

7. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

don't run different tires on your front/rear... I'd have to slap you with a large trout.

Why not stick with the Toyo A/T's? I've heard excellent reviews on those. I have BFG AT's now, and I like them.

A/T and M/T tires are very different, pick which you need. If you're 2wd, you probably don't go mudding, but you might, dunno.

8. Tundra_Jim

Tundra_Jim New Member

I ended up just sticking with the same 275/70/16 Toyo A/T's... I'm waiting till I get a set of wheels to upgrade tires...

I was going to stagger because 275/70's or 265/75's are the biggest sizes that will clear in the front, and I wanted bigger than that on my drive axle for some decent traction. This damn mississippi mud is sticky and clogs up any a/t's like its nothing. I think I might just get a set of steelie wheels and put some boggers on them to throw on the back when I feel like playing in the mud...