Time for hindsight...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Zourn, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

So, there's this girl that is a friend of a friend that has been showing up to a lot of the same gatherings as me, an I've taken an interest in.
    She has always been kind of touchy feely and did some of the tell-tale signs (touching my elbow while laughing at something I said). Also shes kind of nerdy (+1).
    Just this night I had set a goal for myself to say something and at least get her number, but the timing/company never seemed to align correctly. So after being a pussy and letting walk away from the party without saying anything I just sent her a Facebook message (she had already added me as a friend) that said "I really enjoy spending time with you and wondered if you wanted to go do something sometime..."
    Was this the right thing to do?
    Or did I fuck my chances here?

2. Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander OT Supporter

You definitely didn't fuck your chances..but I think you kind of let her know that your confidence isn't up to par. I believe that it was a GOOD thing that you at least sent her a message and told her how you feel.

If she responds with something along the lines of yeah-blah blah blah, go ahead and take the leap.

Ask her on a date for next weekend. Friday maybe? Depending on your age and hers, take her to do something fun, where you can talk and get to know each other.. Not starbucks or rock climbing, but maybe ask her what a fun activity is that she enjoys. Like bowling or laser tag. That shit is always fun.

Sky diving is always my favorite to ask--although all the girls pussy out =/

3. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

Quick response.
    Is this just what it sounds like, or is it a friend zone designation?
    One day I hope to be less dependent on the Vaginarium

4. Teneight

Teneight Guest

im not an expert, but this sounds bad. as the male and the ''aggressor'', you should always have something planned out ahead of time. when you state something sometime, you come off as uncreative and dull. just get to the point and ask her out for drinks (non-alcoholic of course) on a set time. it would've been better if you would've approached her in person since you would have shown some sort of confidence...but who knows, she might still be interested.

good luck either way.

5. Cobra Commander

The force is strong with this one..

Don't get friendzoned bro. Don't text unless it's to meet up.

Text her on Friday and see if she has any plans--if no, then say want to go and grab a beer? If no on beer, ask her if she would rather go and do something fun in your town, like bumper cars or putt putt

6. Teneight

Teneight Guest

ps. take her gun shooting. it's always fun and girls tend to get an adrenaline rush from it...which is always good.

7. Cobra Commander

:bowdown:

8. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

txting on friday about friday/sat night is a dick move. Sure, i do it sometimes, but thats shitty advice for a low confidence guy going after a nerdy girl. don't do this. trust me. People with options only do this to their backup plans, and thats what shes gonna feel like if you txt on Friday. Call her, thursday at the latest for weekend plans.

If she sends you a message on facebook that sounds anything like a yes, your next email is "Whats your phone number?" then you call her with a plan already worked out. Tell her where you are going to take her and what you are going to do. Do NOT start texting or facebooking constantly.

9. Bob Brown

Bob Brown bewshit, bewshit, bewshit

I can never do the facebook/message through social network thing.........never know what to send as the initial message cause "something sometime" does sound too general and :confused:

then again, if the girl replies, then GO FOR IT !!!