Time for a new routine.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by toyo96, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toyo96

toyo96 New Member

So, after a summer of on and off lifting, I will be going back to school in a month, and plan to start up a new routine, because I've gained very little in the past three years working out. I began researching some routines in the sticky (great resource btw). I am very pressed for time, and previously my workouts in the gym don't last more than 40-45 mins max, so the two routines that caught my eye, are the Time Effieciency Hypertrophy found here http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do;jsessionid=39E75F77B7F86E4D391AC8919C6697D6.hydra?id=748700

and the wannabebig routine (sounds pretty lame, but the workout is a three day split, which works for me time wise). This routine can be found here http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=25&pageid=3

My goals are this: I am currently 5'11" and weigh around 160lbs, I'm fit and defined, but on the thin side. I know that sounds incredibly light, but I would like to see myself in the 175lb range as my ultimate goal to maintain. Are either of these routine going to be effective in gaining any muscle mass or will I be wasting my time? The Time effience workout seems way to simple, but it seems some people have liked it, however, I really only have a max of 1 hr to dedicate to the gym, so I am fairly limited. I WILL not take supplements, besides the UN All Natural whey shakes I currently take, so I'm not body building here, I just want some more mass added to my frame. I would appreciate any advice anyone can give me on this subject. Thanks.

2. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

at 5'11 160, you have no base to be starting with. Find a basic routine and stick with it. Focus on compound movements (squats, deadlifts, cleans, bench press, push press, etc). Look in the archives for Chistophers thread about what built him a base. Its a 3-day, 5x5 Bill Starr routine.

any gains you make will be based off diet and not your routine. Eat a lot and you will put on size.

3. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

:werd:
    ''Fitness & Nutrition'' should be changed to ''Lift & Fucking Eat''

4. tkluu

tkluu New Member

know any good videos on how to clean and push press? i've tried them but i'm sure my form is crap

5. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

video would be a bad idea....

find a coach in the area and spend an hour or so having him critique your form

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.