Time after breakup - one week per month?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Nietz, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Nietz

Nietz New Member

has anyone ever heard this before? sounds like something out of a junior high dating book. I mean back then people dated for 6 months so 6 weeks of being single is reasonable.... Now its like 5 years i mean that's 60 weeks ~ 1 year and 2 months, that's hell of a long time

what do you guys think?

2. Homeless

Homeless New Member

depends on how old you are. For most ages though, it does seem like a long time, unless you're having a hard time meeting women with the same interests

3. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

seems to me really that its the same as the supposed time for grieving afte the loss of a loved one. It doesn't really have a time limit. I do think there should be a minimum time for someone to be single after a breakup from a serious relationship, as a person can be really confused and hurt afterwards...

but what makes a certain period of time of being single "unreasonable" when compared to another period of time? Some people are just more suited to being single at the given point in their lives. Others are more suited to being in a relationship. Go with whatever works best for you with your life.

And in all honesty...people really should disregard everything they ever heard about relationships in high school and middle school...the average person doesn't know what they want in life til at least mid 20's I guess.

I'm 22, and still don't know what I want for a relationship...I'm more worried about getting a stable job and getting financially secure.

4. IspitHotFire

IspitHotFire 3 Greatest rappers of all time ? Dylan, Dylan, and

exactly, and im really pissed i still talked to my ex and all that shit after we brokeup - in retrospect i should have done what it took me 8 months to do, cut off all communication and just realize that she isnt worth 1 ounce of my energy and is like matt said just a forgetable HS relationship that carried over into college.... bleh

5. maybeitsyou

maybeitsyou New Member

for me, im usually single about a year between relationships. right now i choose to be single cause of feelings for my ex and because i have to get my life straight with school and change my priorities around. im still young (18) so its not a bad thing to be single

6. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

It doesn't seem like a bad rule of thumb... Been about 9 months now since I split with my ex of 3 years, and I'm just now starting to feel like I could get involved with somebody new and not have any hangups from the last one.

(Then again that breakup was pretty rough on me, as it predated just about all of my education on how to deal with women, and I was a schmuck with 99% interest level)

Of course it depends on the person. Some might get over an ex much sooner, and some might take longer.

7. WeRdToYoMoThA

WeRdToYoMoThA Girlies on Standby, Waiting to say Hi

took me about a year to get over my ex of 1.5 years... and about a year and a half to start liking/dating someone else.

3 weeks into that relationship things didnt work out so well.. and got over that pretty quick (well, getting over it now.. it just happened. hopefully things will work out between us, they arent really "over" so much as "on hold" until we meet back up in the fall semesteR)

8. scholar

scholar New Member

I'm 20 and I've been with my gf for 8 months. If we broke up today, I would be over her within a couple of days. Maybe I don't love her. Or maybe I'm just a hard barstard without a heart.

9. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Maybe you realize that if things go wrong you can find a better woman with ease because you have the social skills to go meet someone else, and because of that you probably won't lose your GF.