MMA Tim Sylvia / Brandon Vera *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by checkii, Oct 21, 2007.

1. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

fucking fuck.

How could any judge consider that a 29 - 27 fight?

How in the fuck could Joe Rogan say he is always conscious about not putting on a boring fight?

Where does Tim get off calling out Kongo?

fucking A that fight disappointed me. My girl friend even said, "God this guy sucks, it's like his style is Stand 'n Bland" :bowdown:

2. Mega-JC: Da Return

Mega-JC: Da Return Tiger Knee!

incredibly frustrating fight to watch.

3. Kozzy McKoz

Kozzy McKoz OT Supporter

It wasnt that bad. Vera did a lot of the holding too.

4. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

:ugh:

his arm was trapped and his hand was broken, and it was about 1/5th the time tim was being a verticle blanket.

5. auto

auto New Member

Vera continually closed the distance and initiated the clinch right from the start of the fight. Regardless of him hurting his hand I don't see it going much different. His corner pleaded with him to circle and throw the leg kick but he refused. To be honest I think the magnitude of the fight got the best of him. That being said I think it was 1 round a piece going into the third round. Tim clearly won the third round and took the win. Let me also say that I wanted Vera to destroy Timmy so I didn't have to see him fight again, sadly that didn't happen.

6. Khaaz

Khaaz New Member

:werd:
    That fight was really disappointing. I picked Brandon to win but for some reason i knew this was gonna be a boring decision win for Sylvia. Him breaking his hand didnt help though. Tims a faggot for calling out Kongo, hes just afraid of a real fight with Nog or even gonzaga/cro cop. He was also indirectly calling cro cop a helpless little girl. "Kongo needs to stop picking on people." "fight someone your own size." wtf??

Also, i used to really like Rogan but i think i'm startin to like him less and less every PPV.

7. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

everyone's so upset that silvia won they want to make excuses for vera lol. i hate both those pricks and am glad the fight looked shitty, maybe the UFC will focus on Nog now instead

silva and franklin = class
    silvia and vera = cocky pricks

8. raj100

raj100 New Member

They were both boring. Vera held Tim for the entire 1st round. Then Tim would start landing shot after shot and just clinch up... I judt dont know why he didnt go for the finish.

9. Five7

Five7 Member

So he wants to fight "Chech" Kongo. I dont think he was wrong for calling him out but he sounded stupid with the "pick on someone your own size" shit.

What makes you think Mirko could do anything that Vera didnt do? He is a smaller HW, too. Kongo pushed Mirko around and Tim would too. Mind you all this is coming from the biggest Cro Cop fan, in the US, myself. Im just being realistic. I think Tim is super boring but his size isnt going to go away. Anyone that allows him to push them up against the cage is going to get the same result Brandon got last night. Mirko included.

I hope Dana does ink Kongo and Tim. Its a much better match up than Vera and Sylvia, I think. Both are coming off wins and on thier way to a #1 contendership, I believe. For the record I wouldnt mind seeing Tim vs. Gabe, either. Or Gabe vs. Kongo, for that matter.

10. roose

roose Guest

When did Vera break his hand?

11. Five7

Five7 Member

After the fight he said it was in the 1st but didnt know exactly when.

12. Crocop has(had?) freakish strength. He was able to wrestle with Fujita and coleman and throw Aleks around like a doll.

13. TigreTek

TigreTek omega member OT Supporter

repaired septum. make that will have

14. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

god he sounded like a moron :rofl:

15. Five7

Five7 Member

I thought he just slipped that first time but then when he kept saying it I realized that he was serious. What about Rogan calling Lesnar Brock Larson-er?

On a sidenote: Does anyone else notice how Sylvia walks? It looks to me as if he is walking on the very inside 1/3 of the sole of his feet. Damn near the side. I saw it on Countown to Hostile Territory on Spike then thought I saw the same thing during the fight. Looks odd.

16. PretzelGirl

PretzelGirl New Member

O, it wasn't just me being in a crappy mood while watching it - it WAS boring. Those cuddling sessions against the cage were driving me up the wall.

17. Khaaz

Khaaz New Member

haha i just watched the post fight press conference and Tim kept callin him Chech and then some reporter screams out "ITS CHEIK!" and tim replies, "ill call him whatever i want"

I hope he gets knocked the fuck out his next fight.

18. Five7

Five7 Member

Link?

I just watched a post fight interview with Timmah and he is still saying that he isnt going to sit around and wait for Randy. How in Gods name does he assume that winning that fight with Vera would give him a title shot? Did I miss something here? He goes on to say that his fight with Chech :hsugh: would be logical for a #1 contendership. I dont know if he means the winner would be the #1 contender or what but I think he is overstepping some other competition that may be in a better spot than he. Well really only Nog and Andrei, I guess, since Gabe lost to Randy.

A decision win against someone that hasnt fought for a year != a title shot, IMO.

Edit: I found the presser vid. Ok he did aknowledge Nog in the press conference. I dont understand why they are pretending that Randy is in limbo, though. He said all people had to do was email someone to get the fight with Kongo. I think everyone should email him and demand a HWGP or a HW Royal Rumble with a double or triple sized cage. But seriously I think HWGP would create some excitement for a less than sparkling division and would be totally fair. I wish Dana felt the same. :wtc:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  19. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

at least he didnt come out to fuckign gay ass kanye west again.

20. Five7

Five7 Member

Probably because someone that fought before him already took his song. I cant remember who it was now but somebody came out to 'Stronger'. I wasnt really thrilled about 'Hillbilly deluxe' personally, either, but what can you do...

21. FloppyCock

FloppyCock New Member

The only Tim Sylvia fights I have ever enjoyed were his fight with Frank Mir and his fight with Randy. What did those two have in common?

I can't fucking stand watching somebody with such a big size advantage stall like that.

22. PretzelGirl

PretzelGirl New Member

Maybe if you're good

23. [​IMG]

24. Teh Awesome!

Teh Awesome! Guest

LOL only if your are Brandon Vera fan :rofl:

Being a huge fan of the intense giant, I felt nothing but sheer joy watching my fighter relentlessly punish his opponent with the power of the three D's (Dismantlelization - Demoralization - Disfiguration)

Big Tim should fight Crocop next, and then after Nog or Kongo for the title.

25. BlaXXXima

BlaXXXima OT Supporter

I have to agree - as usual, another boring as fuck Tim Sylvia fight.