Tiger Army

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by twist_of_fate, Mar 4, 2004.

1. twist_of_fate

twist_of_fate New Member

I'm really digging these guys lately and just got into the psychobilly scene a few months ago, so I'm not really familiar with any other bands. Can anyone recommend any other psychobilly bands that might have a similar sound?

2. SoBrokenHearted

SoBrokenHearted summer unfolded like a tapestry

Nekromantix is the only other band I can think of right now, check them out though.

3. Background Music

Background Music I have a love/hate relationship with love and hate

tiger army is about as good as it gets for me, all other bands are just too rockabilly. I assume you like AFI, tiger army has that afish sound because they grew up together.

4. twist_of_fate

twist_of_fate New Member

I've only heard two songs by Nekromantix and they didn't sound at all alike. I guess I'd have hear more of their songs to determine if I'd really like them. Their site doesn't have any mp3's or sound files though.

name_is_taken, you guessed it. It seems that AFI and Tiger Army go hand in hand. Most people that like one seem to like the other. I'd like to see a tour with both Tiger Army and AFI. I'm kind of disappointed because AFI has been on the Warped Tour for the last few years and Tiger Army hasn't and this year Tiger Army is and AFI isn't.

5. If you like the psychobilly sound, are you into the rockabilly thing too? I'm more into rockabilly than psychobilly. The only other psychobilly band that I can think off of hand has already been mentioned. I can give you some good rockabilly bands though.

6. twist_of_fate

twist_of_fate New Member

I haven't really heard a whole lot of rockabilly, but I think I might like the sound. I can pretty much listen to anything but country and most rap. Who would you recommend?

7. Definitly check out Reverend Horton Heat (on rockabilly central they catagorize them as psychobilly so definitly check it out, i'd say more rockabilly though), Dragstrip 77, Brian Setzer Orchestra (honest they are more rockabilly than swing), Amazing Royal Crowns, Mike Ness (i know you are down with Social D, but Ness has got some solo rockabilly tunes that are great), Royal Crown Revue (more swing/20's and 30's style rockabilly). I know i'm forgetting a couple that I can't think of right now. But that should get you started.

8. twist_of_fate

twist_of_fate New Member

I love Mike Ness' solo stuff. A few songs sound kind of twangy (sp?), but I'll deal with them. That's going to be my next project is to pick up all of the Social D and Mike Ness cd's. That should hold me over until Tiger Army's release in May. I've heard of Rev. Horton Heat, but didn't know what type of music they played. I'll have to check them out. They seem to be pretty popular. Dragstrip 77 is a band I haven't heard of, so I'll check them out. I do like Royal Crown Revue, but what I've heard from them seemed more swing. If you think of anyone else, let me know. Thanks.

9. homi

homi e-cool OT Supporter

what exactly is physchobilly?

10. twist_of_fate

twist_of_fate New Member

I don't really know how to describe other than saying it's a mix between hardcore and rockabilly...I guess :dunno:

11. Kile

Kile OT Supporter

check out Mad Sin.. :cool: