Tied Tubes

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by nubian, Aug 14, 2006.

1. nubian

nubian Active Member

are tied tubes irreversable?
    if not how easy is it to bring back into normal state?

2. Ibanez Guy

Ibanez Guy New Member

Reversing the operation
    A woman usually opts for sterilisation after she is quite certain she doesn't want children in the future. However, events such as a new relationship may prompt a woman to seek a reversal. The fallopian tubes are reached via an abdominal incision and the surgeon re-joins the severed tubes, using microscopic stitches. Success rates depend on the woman's age, the length of the tubes when repaired and the type of sterilisation procedure used. (If the fallopian tubes were totally removed, reversal is impossible.) Tubes burned through with a diathermy machine have a low success rate, while tubes blocked by clips have the highest success rate. Generally, the odds of achieving a pregnancy after reversal of a tubal ligation range from 35 to 90 per cent. The risk of ectopic pregnancy following a successful reversal is quite high, as scar tissue may block the fertilised egg's progress through the fallopian tube

The reversal procedure is not covered by Medicare. A woman must be treated as a private patient and, hence, it is expensive.

3. nubian

nubian Active Member

WOW!

how old is too old?

4. Ibanez Guy

Ibanez Guy New Member

I have no idea...I just googled it. I didn't do anymore extensive research than what you see

5. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

IF you want kids, don't do it.