Thunderbird problems..

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by chompiras, Oct 17, 2007.

1. chompiras

chompiras New Member

What I did when I first learned of thunderbird was download it, installed it, set up my 2 gmail accounts with a "Gmail" option already there when you click on "New Account". I received email fine and it went swell.

I learned of webmail, and extension to be able to use hotmail/yahoo and whatever. I have a hotmail account and just wanted to add it for the novelty of multi-emails all in one. I'll get straight to the questions..

WEBMAIL, the thunderbird addon, is installed, was the first thing I installed.
    Next, I downloaded the hotmail addon. Ok, before I messed with that I downloaded the Gmail addon as well, I figured it'd help to prevent future problems if I have everything coming from the same source. I get my 2 gmail accounts up and running and my hotmail account works fine for a while. Long story short, I can't send emails from my hotmail account. I have updated to live and the whole deal, just like I found on the website (and after an hour of collectively googling for answers). It asks me for a password for the hotmail but when I enter it, the screen just keeps popping back up (Yes, it's the right password). Now with gmail, I send a message from one account and it appears as if it was sent from the other (sometimes, not all).

One important question, which I think will help me out to understand better after I play around with it some more, if I have the hotmail and gmail addon installed, should I make the default server that it picks be the localhost webmail one? The way I had it was gmail accounts with the gmail option already provided in a stock install of thunderbird. If anybody has a similar setup I would greatly appreciate your input.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

thunderbird will default to one acct. You need to specify which acct to send from.

as for hotmail, fuck why do you even bother with that shit?

3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

You can change which outgoing mail server each account uses in Account Settings. Thunderbird will figure out which account to use based on which Inbox you have highlighted at the time you start writing a new message.

4. chompiras

chompiras New Member

Only hotmail had the email address I was looking for available :hsughno:

Well, that's part of my question. If I have the gmail and hotmail extension, both which are PART of the main WEBMAIL extension, does that mean that they both get "rerouted" to the main webmail - localhost server?

5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

:jerkit::crying:

6. chompiras

chompiras New Member

regardless of the reason...It's a problem..with software..which has a fix certainly. That's the point of this thread, I'm trying to get a fix for the problem, no big deal. Thanks for your contribution though..