Thrill of the chase

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by kramer, Sep 17, 2008.

1. kramer

kramer New Member

I had always heard this expression growing up, but never really fully understood what it meant until i turned 18 or 19. Now it seems to be my life philosophy.

Every time I meet a new girl through friends or in college, at a part or whatever, it seems like I'm only interested in talking to her until we end up hooking up/having sex. Although that's the goal that I wanted in the first place, after we happen to engage in said act, I almost completely lose interest. I'm not sure what it is, but I start to pick apart their personalities. I label them as wackjobs (not sure if I've just had really bad luck with wacko girls or if I'm just really picky).

I really can't find anyone that can satisfy me wholly. Its getting a little depressing. Anyone on the same page ?

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

It tends to be a phase. The good thing is you realize you are doing this. You have all the ability and willpower to stop it....or you can just use it as an advantage to enjoy your youth and casually dating numerous women until you get older and really are ready to settle down.

As long as you don't give women false hopes as to what you are or even preface the relationship that it wont get serious you can just have a good time and learn what you do ultimately want from a woman.

3. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Also you could try getting to know these women before you hook up with them. You know... find out if they are "wackjobs" before you have sex. That tends to be what people do who are looking for fulfilling relationships.

4. bjonesy77

bjonesy77 New Member

I went through it when I was 18-19, it seemed to be the norm among my friends though. I think its something you should experience and enjoy for what it is, afterall, if by the time you're 25 and still having the same problem it probably lies somewhere other than the women your sexing.

But for now, enjoy it. Just be honest with the women your chasing, dont lead them on any further than you feel you can go whether that be strictly sex or friends or an open relationship.

5. Two toys

Two toys New Member

i went through it when i was that age

I still do it, but i never actually go through with the physical acts, i just get to the point of flirting/conversation where i know i can, its kind of a fun game when i dont have a girlfriend.

but it does get boring trust me, you find yourself wanting more.

6. LBFilmGuy

LBFilmGuy LOL why u mad tho?

I am 24 and still do this.

Sometimes I'll find a girl hot enough/cool enough to spend actual time with and spend $ on, but most of the time I'd rather not ;)

7. hefeweizen

hefeweizen New Member

Makes it a lot harder that way. :o

8. NUTZAHOY

NUTZAHOY Misa > You

im 25 and i feel that way stillto this day . I'm always unsure and nit picking everything wrong with them...Even though im not perfect i'm trying to find that perfect girl but there really isnt a perfect girl . I just always second guess myself and wonder if i really wanna be with this girl . The butterfly are gone and now im just second guessing myself if i made the right decision .

9. kramer

kramer New Member

I didn't mean that the entire process happens in as short as I had portrayed it in writing. That was a gross oversimplification. I'm talking about a relationship (non dating) lasting several weeks or even a few months. The act of hooking up with them only happens after I get to know them for a really long time.

I enjoy getting to know them as people. It's just hard to find someone with a personality thats compatible with mine and that still looks decently attractive. Kind of a tough situation, and hard to describe.

10. kramer

kramer New Member

Thats really funny that you say that actually. I feel the exact same way. I don't know if its the negative effects of inflation and a failing economy, but I really find it hard to take a chick out on a date. Not that I have anything against physically taking a girl out on a date, but I have a hard time finding a girl I GENUINELY WANT TO take out on a date.

11. LBFilmGuy

LBFilmGuy LOL why u mad tho?

Yep...besides, dates are usually awkward and forced unless something physical has happened already. :wiggle: