three monitors with ATI cards

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by abyssinianson, Jan 13, 2005.

1. abyssinianson

abyssinianson New Member

i am looking to run three monitors with 2 ATI cards but booting is a problem in Windows 2000 - it stalls in the boot load page when the 2 vide cards and thrid monitor is attached. I have an ATI 9600 AGP that runs 2 19" monitors well. I am looking to add an ATI 9200 PCI to run a third monitor. Anyone have any experiences with this?

The problems I am having might be due to Win2k and the fact that ATI may be using the same catalyst monitor drivers. however, i have read of people runnning 3 monitors with ATI online but the never list the specs as to how they did it.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

i have great success using a PCI Radeon 7000 that they market specifically for multi-mons.

3. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

I ran two ATI cards for two monitors on my old machine. I think you have a point about them using the same drivers. My cards were totally different and it worked fine. One was AGP and ther other PCI. I was running Win2000.

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

agp vs. pci has *NOTHING* to do with it.

clue > you.

5. abyssinianson

abyssinianson New Member

how did you set up the 2 ATI cards? How was the process? Software first? hardware first?

6. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

You rude piece of shit. Didn't you threaten to put me on your ignore list? Just fucking do it so I don't offend your all-knowing eyes. Dick.

7. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

you were on my IL, but I clean it out occassionally. Otherwise the world would find itself ignored -- everyone manages to piss me off at some point. The difference between me and most people is that I get over it.