GUN Three in jail after beating burglar

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Jun 26, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Three in jail after intruder injured

June 25, 2007
    By Theresa Schmidt

Lauri Benoit of Moss Bluff is upset and angry because her son and his two roommates were arrested and taken to jail after beating an intruder who allegedly took $180 out of their wallets and 2 packs of cigarettes. "I think it is terribly unfair. We should have the right to defend our own home. If somebody comes in our home they're taking the chances of getting beat up, shot or whatever. All of our rights are being taken away. The money that was stolen out of my son's wallet was his child support."

Benoit says the intruder was an acquaintance and entered through an unlocked door of their apartment. Still,she says her son and the others were justified in their actions. "They're under arrest for second degree battery for defending their home. They're under arrest and this boy is walking free."

However Calcasieu Chief Deputy Stitch Guillory says force is allowed only to the extent necessary to protect life and property. "The law says you have a right to defend yourself and your property but it doesn't say you have the right to just beat somebody unmercifully. You're to detain them and call the police. Well, that never happened in this case."

He says the alleged thief went to the hospital. "He suffered possibly a broken nose, broken arm, swollen eye, busted lip, lacerations to the eye." And Guillory points out taking the law into your own hands can lead to serious trouble. "The law doesn't give you the right to carry out vigilante justice."

At last word, all three men arrested remained in jail in lieu of $10,000 bond. Guillory says the young man allegedly beaten was not arrested initially so that he could seek medical treatment. But guillory says he will be booked for theft under $500.

2. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

This country is really starting to piss me off.

My dog got out yesterday, went to pick his ass up this morning, only to find out I now have to go court, apparently I'm being criminally charged under a city ordinace because I had an "animal at large".

That's right, I'm possibly a criminal because my dog jumped a fucking fence.

3. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

:sad2:

4. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

welcome to the new united federation of amerika

5. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

"dead men tell no tales"

6. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

Wait a fuck. This happened in Louisiana. :squint:

7. t1h

t1h Guest

how are you supposed to detain them without beating on them? "hey sit down in this chair and put your feet up while i call 911" :confused:

8. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Small Block LSX

Small Block LSX BMW | N54 | LSX | Gun | PS3 | Parent | Night CREW

Are you serious?! :eek3:

How'd they know it was yours? Did have the collar and dog license on him?

10. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

Unfortunately, dead serious.

I went to claim him, after they called me(microchipped) and he had a the citation attached to his name in the system with no owner name on it, after paying the impound fee an "officer" came and filled out my information and gave me a copy. I have 5 days to schedule a court date before I get a warrant out for my arrest. They said they are mailing me bonding papers, or something too. I guess I'm just lucky I'm not deemed a flight risk for this charge :ugh:

All be cause my dumbshit roommate left my dog outside and he jumped a fence.

11. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

Can I ask what kind of dog it is? I doubt you'll be criminally charged if you explain the circumstances to them.

12. no7fish

no7fish New Member

Firstly, whatever cop arrested them is a frikkin moron. Honestly, unless they have some sort of photographic evidence it's word against word and all they have to say is that it all happened in an instant and it was in an attempt to contain/stop him. There is no evidence they proceded to beat the shitters out of him, just that he got hurt. With three guys that can happen quickly. Tough shit, shouldn't have been robbing people!

As for the dog, it didn't attack anyone or anything?? That's seriously retarded... I can understand there being rules of containment for dangerous dogs but hey, things happen. If a dog gets out and isn't hurting anyone then who gives a shit? Honestly, this country is fucked....

13. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

He's a black lab. From what I've heard they are assholes around here, and the only way people are getting off is if they show preventive measures, like putting up a hotwire so he cannot get out again. Which is retarded, because I know he gets out if left outside unattended, which is why he's an inside dog. My bone headed roommate just put him outside and forgot about it, then left.

I was telling one of my clients about the situation, and he said he got a citation and had to go to court because he did not have enough square footage of shade for his dog, and had to pay a $500 fine or some shit.

They didn't say anything about him harrassing anyone, and honestly he's so friggin scared of people (another owner beat him) I don't think he'd get close enough to attack anyone. They said they just saw him walking down the road and picked him up, not that they got any calls on him.

14. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

Get ready to have your gun rights taken away. :rolleyes:

15. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

God forbid someone is concerned with retarded laws in a free country, and all of the sudden they are a stereotypical gun nut worried about their 2nd Ammendment rights? :ugh:

I went to court today for this crap, it was just to schedule a date apparently, it's not even like a traffic citation where I can go anytime and pay a fine or sign up for a schoole...no, it's a manditory court date. So on July 12th I have to appear before a judge and plea, and he will decide my bond at that time. Because a fucking dog...jumped a fucking fence.

16. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

Wait, I'm confused. I'm agreeing with you about it being retarded. I'm saying that you would be a criminal because of something stupid they would use that as an excuse.

17. Michael Westen

Michael Westen OT Supporter

Probably were all gun-control nuts and didn't have any weapons. :mamoru:

18. Shingmaster

Shingmaster omgOTbangaz4life

:bowdown:

19. Small Block LSX

The problem is that it was an "acquaintance". So, they knew the individual that came in. There are always two sides to each story and this story is pretty skewed. If the story is accurate it is bullshit.

Chances are it went something like this: The "acquaintance" used to be friends with the dude and his roommates. He probably loaned the dude money for beer or something stupid. After many months of trying to recover his owed money he went to the apartment to ask for the money. The ex-friend and roommate kicked the shit out of him when he grabbed for his wallet.

That is probably the type of story the cop received and why he arrested the guy and his roommates. Most cops aren't that retarded. Now, if it was a random dude that broke in, jacked a guys wallet, and started taking his shit, chances are the intruder would be in jail and not the homeowners.

20. Small Block LSX

Let us know how that goes. That is rediculous. :eek3:

21. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Sounds like the chief would've charged them with kidnapping if they had "merely" subdued and detained the burglar. :greddy: