LGBT Threads to check out in the main forum v.2

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Sam Gamgee, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

2. coma

coma New Member

These "Ask a gay man anything" threads always generate a great amount of interest -- most of it positve, surprisingly enough. Honestly, there seems to be a ton of bi-curious people on OT. :x: Am I the only one noticing this?

3. Praetor

Praetor Guest

I seriously have no clue how you can view those threads to be positive in any way shape or form. They are a disgrace to homosexuals.

The reason why so many of them turn out to be "positive", although I can hardly call that thread positive, is because members are restricted from saying what's truly on their mind. I'm sure, if the full extent of speech was allowed, you would have plenty of members replying with statements such as "let all faggots die" or "let the burn in hell".

4. Team503

Team503 Guest

Meh, I think it's a reasonably good thing. At least they're getting it straight from the horses' mouths, so to speak, rather than some hate-monger's rumor.

And there probably are at least a few bi-curious people on OT, so I'm sure someone somewhere is actually being helped by the information.

5. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

it is those people who say such inflammatory things that work the most in our favor.

When people say "let all faggots die", anyone who isn't an extreme republican or extreme Christian will not agree with those words. So, it gives us more allies who would rather be friends with a gay person than a person filled with such hate.

I think Fred Phelps (the head of "God Hates Fags") has done more for the gay rights movement than most of the pro-gay groups.

If you take each person's question as it is, and answer it, you teach people who are otherwise ignorant.

We're not all expected to know everything about everything. That thread was about making homosexuality less taboo and less "in the shadows"

6. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

You're not familiar with many of the gay-related threads on OT....are you.

In many cases, that kind of talk is allowed, and has been posted before.

In general the "Ask a gay guy anything" threads are helpful....there is a lot of negativity to sift through, but there is also some positive that does come out of them as well.

7. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

...and you have the few of us with thicker skin that go out and respond to the ignorance with more comical ignorance. One of a queer's most effective weapons is laughter. Wield it correctly, and you've got instant camaraderie. And once you wedge beneath that indoctrinated hate —or non-understanding— they will start to like you, learning along the way.

8. coma

coma New Member

Well then...if that's disgraceful therefor threads by str8 boys are a disgrace to heterosexuals in that they talk about women in salacious ways such as how they could fuck them all night, eat their pussies, have a 3some w/another girl (never with another guy of course :squint: )etc.

I'll grant you that. I know that people in general have such disgust for "what guys do with guys" that if they could say what they really felt that they would indeed lash out at us.

9. Nixstress

Nixstress Look at me! I am edgy and stabby! OT Supporter

I thought the thread was great. It was very informative and an OTer even created a thread later that day thanking Sam saying that because of what Sam said he received the best blowjob ever later that day.

10. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

Sam inspires us all :naughty:

11. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

Hey Nix, nice to see you in here. :wavey: