thoughts on ultra's x-connect modular powersupply?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 01000101, Oct 1, 2004.

1. 01000101

01000101 New Member

I've been looking into replacing my powersupply, the one i have makes way too much noise. i really like the look of this x-connect, but i dont know how good ultra's powersupplys are. there are other ps that are quieter, and cheaper, but if ultra ps are good, i think ill spend the extra and put up with the little bit of noise to have less crap in my case.

looking to spend around $100, this one is right at that. if you know of one that is better, let me know. i think this one will look really good in my case, with the reflectiveness and the uv cables.

ot cliffnotes: ultra x-connect, yay or nay?

2. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

From everything I've read, definate yay. It have some very good reviews. Nice looking, clean design, and good technical reviews too.

3. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

yay from me too. very nice psu's.

4. elamothe

elamothe New Member

Definate Yay. I just installed mine last night and even though it's 500W, it really doesn't give as much noise as you'd think.

And I love the fact that I have so much more breathing room in my computer now.

5. 01000101

01000101 New Member

elamothe, does it look good? how quiet does it run? is it quiet enough to leave running overnight a few feet from my bed?