Thoughts on the products I use...

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by moss, Jun 17, 2002.

1. moss

moss Guest

I own a 2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS and I like to keep it looking pristine, though that's pretty difficult with the shitty Subaru paint! Anyway I've only been at detailing my car for about 8 months, so I was wonder what people thought of the products I use...

Meguiars Gold Class car soap
    Mothers Clay bar system
    Meguiars Mirror Glaze #9 Swirl Reducer
    Meguiars Gold Class wax
    Meguiars Gold Class trim detailer
    Meguiars Natural Shine Vinyl & rubber protectant
    Black Magic Tire Wet
    Stoners Invisible Glass
    Meguiars Quik Detailer

Do I need to add a polish/glaze into that lineup to get the best shine? What about a cleaner or compound? What is a better Meguiars Wax than the Gold Class?

For the interior (like the carpet, floormats, and seats) I need something to take out stains from the fabric, what's the best stuff to use? I'm sure I've got other questions to ask, but thats it for now :big grin:. If you think I should add other things to it, tell me! :)

Keith

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2002
  2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Go through the product list first and also do a forum search on the products you are using... most of what you want to know is already in this forum. If you still don't find what you are looking for after a thorough search, let me know.

3. kiam

kiam Guest

Well, I use the gold class car soap and tried the vinyl and rubber protectant last night. Seems great so far and the meguiar's is the only soap I will use.

4. moss

moss Guest

Yea, Im gonna keep using that stuff... I returned the Gold Class wax though and picked up the Mirror Glaze line of stuff... #7(i think) Show Car Glaze and the #26 Hi-Tech Yellow wax (?). I havent had time to take a day and detail my car yet... I want to though!!!!!!!

Keith :big grin:

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

#7 and #26 will leave an incredible shine.

6. kiam

kiam Guest

So true, I did this combo this afternoon and my car's color looks deeper and better than anything else I've used.