Thoughts on the Helio Ocean?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by SaviouR, Aug 10, 2007.

1. SaviouR

SaviouR Dallas - Choke City :(

My workplace has a deal where I can get any Helio phone and any of their plans half off. I can get the Helio Ocean for $150 with a two year contract and pay $32.50 a month for 500 anytime minutes and unlimited TMs/e-mails/
    surfing/AIM/MSN.

My old contract is up and I want to sell off my Samsung T809; I want a phone with a QWERTY keyboard and this seems like a convenient plan.

The only gripe I have so far is that everything on the phone feels really cheap and not aesthetically pleasing.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

you're a retard if you go with Helio. Their customer service is fucking DISGUSTING.

I bought whatever their black slider was.... Paid up-front, did the contract, whole 9-yards over the phone with their texas call center. Got the phone, didn't work. Tried reprogramming, issued new phone number, etc, just didn't work. After 3 days they say the phone is defective but refuse to send me a new one. They say I have to send mine back and when they get it processed in a few weeks I'll get a new one. Um, no. They say the only other option is to pay up-front for a new phone, and they'll credit me the first one when they get it back. Fine, paid them AGAIN. Got the next phone in like 3 days but same story... will NOT activate. They have no idea how to fix it. I said fuck it, and told them to cancel EVERYTHING. I sent the second phone back. I have pictures proving condition is perfect, have tracking numbers, etc. They got their phone 2-day air, delivered, and signed for.

It took me an FCC complaint, FCC compliaint follow-up, countless supervisor calls, and finally had to file for small claims court before they refunded my purchase.

EVERY time I called in EVERY rep said I was due the credit and said they would issue it. They also said that it had never been issued before EVERY time. However, it never came. Finally, after the FCC complaint went without resolution I filed in small claims and I got a call and was told the check was being sent out that day. Turns out they sent it next-day because fedex had my check for me at my doorstep.

Overall, I have delivery confirmation they got the phone back in MARCH. I didn't get my refund until JULY.

Fuck them.

3. bmorrell

bmorrell SoCal > *

So you don't like Helio?