thoughts on the g35c?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by jinks, Jan 10, 2005.

1. jinks

jinks ronin

i may have an opportunity to buy a friend's 04 g35c with 7k mi. should i jump on it or look to an 05?

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

how much is he selling for?

3. jinks

jinks ronin

he says 30k. kbb is higher than that, but then i've been reading around that new 04's are going for 33k out the door. that is if i can still find an 04 around. btw, its 6mt coupe.

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

what options?

5. jinks

jinks ronin

just the sports package and lojack.

6. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

a new 05 like that is $33,499 invoice... So I wouldn't pay a cent more than $30k for a used one -- and only if you know he took supurb care of it.

7. Jajibaji

Jajibaji Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

I'd go for the '04. The coupe is one of the best cars at holding its value, and the '04 has the Brembo's, '05's don't. And don't believe the hp diff, its marketing...

8. tekknikal

tekknikal Nothing's ever been better than that

i own an 04. the 05 has better quality materials in the interior.. i dont like the styling of the 05 interior as much though.
    the 05 6mt also has the +18hp/-10lb-ft, doesnt have brembos, but does have power reclining seats and power telescoping steering

if it were me, id probably go with an 05, but only if the money wasnt a big deal (i would want to buy a big brake kit to get brembos) if youre already at or near the limit of your budget, then i would definitely try to get a good deal on an 04. either way youre getting an amazing car and since theyre holding their value so well that its a definite win. good luck

9. oakie

oakie my ninja.

the brembos on both the G35C and 350Z do not significantly reduce stopping distances. this has been proven time and again by all the major magazine pubs.

they merely "look good" and prevent brake fade due to more efficient cooling... which can be done on the stock system by going with SS brake lines and synthetic DOT4 brake fluid.

10. dsm4evr

dsm4evr New Member

Git-R-Done :)

11. severedties

severedties OT Supporter

i would go with the '04 over the '05 ..... they claim the new HP for the new year, but they forgot to mention the increase of over weight...not to mention they rid the car of brembos..i dont care what mags and everyone says...ive driven the new one and i have the 04 with brembos...the brembos are tight ass brakes and do the job great while looking awsome! the only reason the got rid of the brembos is because they were trying to keep the price low because the new "better" interior costs more...imo the brushed aluminum isnt worth the brakes!

12. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

It's a great car IMO. If I was not in college I would sell my wrx for one RIGHT NOW. They offer a great blend of sport and luxury.

If you know your friend took good care of the car, I say go for it.

13. -chRis-

-chRis- Guest

i have a 2004 g35c, its better than the '05's IMO b/c the 05's lack brembos, they do have more HP but on the down side they weigh more than the 04's. plus they talk about how they made interior changes on the 05's. all they did was change the volume button and heat temp buttons in to knobs. there is hardly any difference in the two. so....i'd go '04!