Thoughts on the 2004 530i

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Type R Boy, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Type R Boy

Type R Boy Guest

I have driven both the 530i and 545i in auto and the 545i in manual and must say its an improvement over the E39 in driving feel and precision. However the looks are Bangled and I still prefer the looks of the our E39 528i. The looks have grown on me and its not as bad as when it first came out to me, after seeing a few on the road.

BMW's have ALWAYS, repeat ALWAYS been a driver's car. If you want a fluffy cushy ride there are plenty of offerings from Lexus (excluding the IS300) and Mercedes for you to choose from. Idrive takes a bit of getting use to and looks can be overlooked since you dont see the front headlights from the driver's seat.

The reason I ask is because after test driving for the 3rd time we are seriously considering trading our E39 for a new E60. We are looking at the 530i simply because we dont need the V8 for our purposes with this car.

Anybody else taken a closer look at this car? What are your thoughts?

CN: Don't judge a car by its Bangling, what are you thoughts on the E60 530i

2. nyuaznguy

nyuaznguy Member

Me personally, I think the E60 looks great. I've seen them in person and I didn't think it was that bad. I think the E39 is beginning to look a little dated although 90% of the people out there will probably disagree.

I would say wait year or two to get the E60 and let BMW figure out all the bugs before you buy a first model year car.