Thoughts on Sonic the Hedgehog 4?

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by Phoenix Wright, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright New Member

With Sega's recent announcement and unveiling of Sonic the Hedgehog 4, the long awaited true 2D sidecrolling sequel to the hit Genesis games, due out on online stores this year on Xbox Live Marketplace, Playstaion Network, etc, I can't help but be excited.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But, I must ask, with all this talk and hype, will it be worth it?
    I bring your attention (once again) to the Sonic Cycle:

[​IMG]

Above pic has been posted about a billion times in any Sonic thread, and deserves to be reposted again. We're at the first step at the top right now, but somehow I feel we're gonna be going round and round that blasted cycle once more information about the game comes out.

Your thoughts?

2. JasonKnight

JasonKnight OT Supporter

I dont care about the friends, let some of them be put in as a unlockable to play the game through again (please, keep it limited to Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow) and Dr Eggman better fucking go back to Dr. Robotnik... and have him voiced by Jim Cummings

[​IMG]

anyway... as long as they hold to their promise, bo back to their roots, keep it side scroll, with HD 2.5d elements I will be happy.

ohh and if they want to voice sonic... it better fucking be

[​IMG]

3. juvental604

juvental604 I like to pee upside down OT Supporter

Is it being made by sonicteam? Either way its been a while since they have made a good game.

4. Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright New Member

Urkle may have been a good Sonic 20 years ago, but I doubt he'd be remotely suitable as Sonic today. In all honesty, his voice is really nasally and unbelievable. I could never take him serious as Sonic, especially during the days of Adventures of Sonic and SatAM (even though they were good series, as a whole).

What they REALLY need to do is bring back Ryan Drummond, the voice actor for Sonic Adventure 1 and 2. He was promptly fired when Sega replaced all the Sonic game voices with the actors from the 4kids Sonic-X TV show (which was abysmal). They need to bring Drummond back. His Sonic voice trumps all, in my opinion.

5. JasonKnight

JasonKnight OT Supporter

ok ok, you can have your sonic, but I want my Robotnik back... go back and listen to his voice...

6. charbaby

charbaby New Member

haha Erkle (sp?) looks soo wierd not all geeked out.

7. charbaby

charbaby New Member

and im more optimistic than usual for a new sonic, but not falling into Sonic cycle.

8. Crisis54

Crisis54 New Member

His eyes are creepin me out.

9. hellodon

hellodon

Trailer looks cool. It's exactly what it should be...2D sonic like the genesis ones with better graphics.

Sonic talking shouldnt even be an issue whether it's urkle or Carl winslow. He won't talk at all if they stay on the correct path