MMA Thoughts on Last Night Spike TV?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by GSPFAN, Apr 7, 2006.

1. GSPFAN

GSPFAN New Member

I was kind of bored during the fights, HOWEVER I felt like the production was even better then a PPV event haha. There wasn't much time spent wasting on in between fight stuff and things like that so it was good in that aspect.

I was suprised at how difficult Leben's fight was, my impression was that he didn't take the fight serious enough, his game seemed a bit off. He didn't utilize his foots stomps till he got bored in the 3rd round which is untraditional for him, plus how many times did he just accept the guard? He could have fought through it better to get full mount but he just didn't. I know those elbow rubs hurt over time and he was trying to get him to bleed, but during a fight at what point do you realize you need to change game plans?
    I personally think he was TRYING to drag it out to get some highlight shots on this new guy and it didn't happen for him. He could have easily put him away.
    Joe Stevenson is not going to last long fighting the way he did....

TUF3 was good too, I think Ben in the middle weights is going to be the top dog. And the guy who won the fight last night (can't remember his name) was a pretty tough competitor.

2. itslackers

itslackers New Member

Ultimate fighnt night was lame, the fights were very boring and the level of skill seemed v ery low. The only actually interesting fight was jardine and bonnar - where Jardine should have won the decision. Dana White is trying so hard to pump up TUF fighters - but they not good compared to veterans.

TUF 3 looks to be interesting - tough to tell this early, but don't really see any standouts thus far. Tito does not seem to be as big of a prick as I thought and Shamrock looked disinterested with the exception of when he was near Tito

3. GRiP_DRiVER

GRiP_DRiVER New Member

The fights were boring as all hell.

But TUF3 was awesome. It's going to be a great season. Going into it I don't like Tito very much. But after watching a little I like him better then Ken. We'll see how it goes though.

4. FrostofSparta

FrostofSparta Frost-O-Lantern

I couldn't Believe Bonner won... Keith definatly won that.

5. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

The fight night was boring as heck... I was really disappointed too as usually Bonner and Leban put on really exciting fights...

This TUF season is going to be REALLY interesting... You could really cut the tension with a knife when tito and ken first met up... As much as I hate Tito, he seemed like the MUCH better coach than Shamrock..

6. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

I think it could have gone either way... I'm not surprised the more popular fighter won... Jardine really didn't do much other than that VERY near submission towards the end of round 2... Bonner also didn't seem to fight with his usual energy/intensity (seemed kinda flat)..

7. FrostofSparta

FrostofSparta Frost-O-Lantern

I agree with that. he's very hands on, right there with the fighters jumping rope with them. He definatly seems like the better coach. Its interesting that they have different teaching styles, and it will be interesting to see how each team is affected by that.

8. SICK GUY

SICK GUY 69, DUDE!!

i thought tito was the far better coach, atleast from the get go. i especially thought it was cool how he sat down the guy that was picked to fight and tried to chill him out.