COMIC Thoughts on Last Exile ending? *spoilers

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Homan, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Homan

Homan Unconquerable OT Supporter

Q's

Dio DID die, right? when he was looking back at the seat on his vanship and didn't see his friend luciora his vanship lost control, but later on in the engine room of sylanna i heard his voice after the enginneer guild guy said "so we are going to push it one last time" or something like that

Moran DIDN'T die? At the end the girl he is with is at a grave, not alex's grave, however during the ending song it shows him with what looks like his son in a wheat field.

Alex DID die? It did show him laying on the snow for a split second after the ship felt apart, but later on showed his grave?

So what is the EXILE supposed to be? It is from planet earth as a spaceship to colonize other planets? What were the effects when Al "unlocked" it? Seemed like suddenly everything became lively? Why did it fly away at the end?

More when I think of them :wiggle:

2. tom3

tom3 ...

1) i assumed dio DID die in the grand stream. i can't remember hearing his voice in the engine room and couldn't find it skimming the ep, so i'm not sure. i thought his death was too sudden when it happened.. i thought claus would have to kill him or something.

2) moran DIDN'T die... that was definitely him at the end yelling Immelman Turn. i always had a feeling that he wasn't dead even tho it showed clues hinting that he was. it seemed to me like the grave was for claus's and lavi's fathers (2 inscriptions and lavi started crying). they took that time to fnally deliver their message from anatore (where they're from) to dusis (where moran's girl is from).

3) alex got blown the fuck up haha. i thought that was just the explosion coming from behind him, not snow.

4) i'm still not sure about EXILE either. it seemed so unfitting to the rest of the series and animation...

so here are my questions... or things that i obviously missed...

why is it that luciora didn't kill delphine when he could have easily? and what was up with him dissolving into thin air with that ring? did that happen b/c delphine caused it?

why is alvis so special? it just seems so random that a little blonde girl holds this kind of power. did it explain anything about her past? i just don't remember.

about dio... he was himself before, then he was put into that chamber thing for his bday (took away his heart). so he turned into a killing machine and got the sword, but why did he start going crazy later? after leaving the hospital, he started to get his original personality back even tho he was trying to shoot down claus. i never understood his character...

3. Homan

Homan Unconquerable OT Supporter

I think luciora was somehow PROGRAMMED to never hurt delphine, he can rebel and kill others but he just can't kill her and ultimately must obey her.

The ring like before when you put it on, it basically vaporizes you? like the guy at the auction..

The ending seemed rushed and that they could have explained more, but still a pretty good anime.

4. AzNCowboy

AzNCowboy More AzN than Cowboy

who the hell were the kids that tatiana and her navi teaching to? i can assume that moran and his girl had 4 kids :eek3:

5. RDB

RDB Blinded By Subpar Modulators

dio is dead,

moran is alive they even show him holding a kid in the final scene which i believe is during/after the credits.

alvis is a direct descendant of the crew(likely the captain) that piloted the exile to the planet.

exile is a terraforming colony space ship.

luciola like all the other programmed guild members is incapable of hurting the delphine or others in the guild that haven't been programmed yet.