MIL Thoughts on G.I Bill issue

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jbeanz, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Jbeanz

Jbeanz OT Supporter

2. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

That would be a pretty good incentive. A question though, I know in IL, former military can attend state colleges tuition free. This would apply to even how the GI bill is now... I'd still get the $$ right?

3. Jbeanz

Jbeanz OT Supporter

Im sure it would because it does currently , they cant not offer it to IL and Texas residents because you guys get it free from the state. You'd bank 2400/month plus whatever you made on the side just to go to school. :bowdown:

4. The Weasel

The Weasel Lakers, Packers, Flyers, Backpacking, Halo Crew OT Supporter

That would be sweet nectar, I should be back home by May. That 2400 would help out.

5. NisAznMonk

NisAznMonk New Member

Sounds cool...but is the extra money given to you only if you've already separated from the military?

6. EYOB

EYOB Guest

I have an issue concerning this, I don't know if anyone would know how I'm supposed to work this. But in a few days I'm gonna go to my local community college and sign up for 2 or 3 classes. I wanna use my REAP benefits, which is more than my GI Bill Benefits. As a Reservist, I get paid about $150 a month with the GIB. With REAP (1607), I get paid a little more than double that for being on Active Duty for more than 90 days.

Less than a month ago, I tried to check out this other technical school. I had the VA start sending me payment via GI Bill. They only sent me 1 month of pay. I'm supposed to verify my enrollment every month in order to continue receiving payments. I haven't verified yet.

Here's the question: Will it be a simple process to get REAP benefits for the community college I'm about to attend (I've gotten benefits via GI bill for this local cc before) ??

I'm not sure if my payment for the other tech school will confuse the VA. I only attended one day of class before I realized that the 'teacher' was an idiot and disorganized.

7. EYOB

EYOB Guest

After reading that article, I thought to myself, it sucks that I actually paid the fee which lets me get more GI bill benefits, but S1 doesn't have a record of me paying it. :sad2: