MMA Thoughts from Leben, if you haven't read this

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by GSPFAN, Jul 7, 2006.

1. GSPFAN

GSPFAN New Member

Crippler Report 4

Losing sucks. I don’t even know how to lose; I haven’t had much practice at it. I train so hard – it’s my whole life – it’s what I do. I train to win; losing doesn’t even enter my mind. I was ready for my fight with Anderson Silva. I knew how dangerous he is; I knew what I needed to do. But I got caught – right down the middle. When I replay the fight in my mind, I still see myself blocking that shot and I am on my way to landing a couple of my own. Watching the fight later on TV was harder than actually fighting it. Jeez, 49 seconds!! Months and months of training and it was over in 49 seconds! I know it can happen, I’ve seen it happen to others – but not to me!!

As you can imagine, I had a pretty tough time after the fight. I am emotional and I am passionate - those qualities came boiling out of me in the locker room. Thank goodness my crew knows how to handle me. So after we cancelled our dinner plans and chowed down on take-out in the room, I was ready to hit the Circle Bar. That’s where I watched my fight on TV – bad idea. I had to get out of there and get some air. I sat outside on a bench with my buddy, Ed Herman, just pissed. Then Stephan Bonnar walked up and joined us. We were three tough UFC fighters, all with losses to deal with. Sharing a large bottle of Jack helped a lot. We moved our pitty party back to the room for further discussion. No one can empathize with an upset and disappointed fighter better than another fighter who is going through the same thing.

Robert Follis, one of my wise coaches (and Randy Couture’s former coach) pointed out that Randy lost two big fights in a row and they just didn’t know what would come next. We all know what happened after that. There are plenty of other examples like this. Who knows what will happen in my future.

Today I am lying by the pool creating my own rehab. I have the support of my girlfriend and closest friends. I have some fun Las Vegas activities planned for the next few days (shooting automatic weapons, riding pit bikes at Alien Motor Sports, a couple of shows and some heavy partying). Next week I’ll get some more ink added to my back and then I’ll get back in the gym, back to training.

Losing a fight sucks but it’s not the end of my career. I’m tough and I’m a good fighter who is training to be a better fighter in the long haul. I got caught by one of the best in the world, no shame in that. I predict that Anderson Silva will wear the belt next and I’ll get another shot at him eventually. I’d love to win the belt from him some day.

Chris The Crippler Leben

P.S. Thank you to all of my fans, your advice and kind words help - I appreciate your support. And to those who rejoice in my loss – bad karma. I challenge you to get in the octagon with a guy like Silva – we’ll talk afterwards. You either love me or you love to hate me, it’s a strange phenomenon.

2. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

sounds smarter than he does on tv

3. xinster

xinster New Member

no hes making up for looking like a complete shithead on tv. Go back to Japan where the talent isn't as competitive? Who the fuck does this guy think he is? The guys who knew about this fight could be seperated into two groups.

1. guys who knew anderson silva, and what an insult it was to have a fighter of his caliber fight chris leben

2. guys who dont even know who the fuck silva was, and actually thought leben had a chance.

Losing does suck. but you know what makes it worse? when you talk ignorant shit right before the fight, reveal how much dana white and his marketing geniuses have brainwashed you.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FzgjOR5f_Sc&search=chris leben

4. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

surprisingly humble. maybe Team Quest is having a positive effect on him afterall

5. Phill A. Peno

Phill A. Peno It's Filipino, stupid. OTTC, Cycling Crew, WRX Cr OT Supporter

I just imagined the three fighters sitting outside passing a bottle of jack. like something out of a bad 80s movie.

6. joechunkybutt2

joechunkybutt2 New Member

That was a funny video.

7. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

Seems pretty well-spoken.

8. Kuet

Kuet New Member

i think you misunderstood him in the interview, he said go back to japan ,

( comma ) OR someplace where the competition is a little easier..... and yea he talks

mad shit, but 90% of people do before a fight, its not like they are gonna be

like " in the middle of the ring were gonna put a blanket down and have a

fuckin picknic together" ....... oh yea and ATMOSPHERE, he doesnt train at team

quest anymore...he trains at AMC in seattle with matt hume..... but i think he

should go back to quest .... his past 2 fights were both after he started

training at AMC and he didnt look half as good as when he was with quest .

in both fights.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  9. xinster

xinster New Member

If he seriously knew who anderson silva was, like he claims he did in that interview, he would have spoken much diffrently prefight. Im sure silva would have did a little bit of trash talking too if the ufc decided to translate his portugese, but really, who the fuck is chris leben? 15 wins over other c level and below fighters, woopie. He is a slugger, and he's proud of being a slugger.

Hahah, leben even picked up alcohol again as a result of that ass-handing-to. Not that i blame him, that was a pretty disgraceful performance after all that trash talk.

10. Kuet

Kuet New Member

dude seriously, i saw his pre-fight interviews on spiketv.com.... he knew who

silva was bro, he went on to say that for sure this was the fight of his life

so far, this is the greatest opponent he has ever faced, you only see leben

right before the fight, talking shit, but if you OBVIOUSLY its just a act to

hype him up , yea he got fucking destoyed really badly , i think he learnt his

lesson , and i think he will come out much more humble and much smarter

next time.

i think you just dont like leben at all for your reasons that are completly

understandable.... and patrick cote and jorge rivera, although not A class

fighters, are still very tough guys , they arent push-overs. whether you like it

or not, leben is only 25 years old, and yea hes cocky , and yea he talks shit,

but the guys got heart, lots of it. and hes gonna get better and better and

better.

p.s. yes i ride his fucking nuts .

11. chechen

i dont think you get to where any of these guys are without getting beat up.. and therefore getting a dose of humility. before every single pre-fight interview the guys talk trash.. obviously the UFC likes the fighters to talk that way. I doubt the stuff he said was all that sincere

12. chechen

koscheck beat leben

13. xinster

xinster New Member

kos is a fruitcake anyway.

14. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Poor guy, doesnt seem to realized he's not that good.