MIL thought this was cute....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Big Red, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Big Red

Big Red New Member

25 WAYS YOU KNOW YOU'RE A MILITARY SPOUSE

1. You yell at your kids by saying,"Don't make me e-mail you father/mother!"

2. Your neighbors know you but have never seen your active-duty spouse.

3. Your conversations are sprinkled with the acronyms PCS, TAD, LES, etc.,and you know what you mean.

4. You have had eight address changes in nine years, and you are not on the run from the law.

5. The front hall closet of your home is a designated uniform closet.

6. Your spouse will be gone for two weeks for his job and you think,"Is that all? No Problem."

7. The radiator blows up on the car and the washer machine dies just as your spouse leaves for temporary duty.

8. You aren't surprised when you get four days' notice for a four-month deployment.

9. You don't know your own Social Security number anymore, but you know your spouse's by heart.

10. You are in a disagreement with a bill collector and say,"Let me speak to your commander!"

11. You spend your second wedding anniversary in a row alone.

12. You move your daycare from one state to another and still have the same children enrolled.

13. You have a collection of different shapes, sizes and colors of window treatments for the same room.

14. Your heart races when you hear the doorbell ring during a deployment.

15. You've done more oil changes and mowed lawns than your spouse because he's never there to do it himself.

16. You remember milestones by duty stations.

17. All your kids, including your 2-year-old, stop what they're doing and put their hands on their hearts whenever they hear the national anthem.

18. You can sleep through the sounds of fighter planes and bombers during their morning practice.

19. You reach for your ID card upon entering a civilian store.

20. You ask someone to hold on a second by saying "stand by."

21. Your kids point at anyone wearing BDUs and boots, regardless of race or gender, and yell "Daddy!" or "Mommy!"

22. You tell the movers the correct way to pack moving boxes.

23. You notice when Hollywood makes mistakes in movies portraying the military.

24. Military homecomings on TV bring tears to your eyes because you can relate so well.

25. You start reading Army Times in place of Cosmopolitan or Sports Illlustrated Magazine.

2. bigfodee

bigfodee Active Member

:(

3. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Yeah - #14 hit a chord with me too. :wtc:

I can see my entire Navy Brat years and Air Force career all rolled up in that list. :rofl:

4. mrmephistopheles

mrmephistopheles Not right... in the head.

:sadwavey:
    in for Military Spouse crew.

My wife isn't due back for 2 more months. I get to see her in under 2 weeks though!

5. xoolinzyoox

xoolinzyoox New Member

:) its okay baby