Those that have seen Animatrix and the Trilogy...

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by ChowYunSkinny, Nov 7, 2003.

1. ChowYunSkinny

ChowYunSkinny You no help me now...I say **** you Jobu. I do it

What is the significance of some of the stories?

SPOILERS AHEAD***********************

Like what is the significance of the story with the athlete, the story with the few people left at the outskirts of the "real world" converting machines, and the one where the kids would fall down and land in mid-air?

The only ones that made sense to me were the Osirus, the Kid, and the Renaissances

2. Savage Kabbage

Savage Kabbage New Member

:dunno: I didn't really think there was any signifigance with those other episodes to the trillogy itself. Maybe just to elaborate/give some more detail on the matrix.

3. james330i

james330i Imported Redneck

those were mostly to give background information about the matrix.

the kids playing in mid-air is just an example of glitches/anomolies in the matrix.

the part where they were trying to convert the machines is related to how Neo had the same orange glow-visions when he was blinded, and thus giving clues that Neo is part machine himself.

4. Blazed Monkey

Blazed Monkey It puts the lotion on its skin....

Neo is part machine :confused: How do you figure?

To the author of the thread, you should turn on the director commentary the next time you watch Animatrix. I know that they explain the track star one, I don't remember which other ones they do, it's been a while since I watched it.

5. RoblesGT

RoblesGT [Track Days: 19 ][Crashes: 1] [SuMo Days: 1 ][Cras OT Supporter

Neo is human .. he had a specific program in his mind though .. planted by the Oracle I think ... remember the cookie/candy ?

6. CrudeGT

CrudeGT New Member

I don't think Neo was at all Machine. He just understood the matrix and was able to manipulate it better than anyone else. he may have been linked to the machines, but he was not machine.

None of the storied had a significance to the trilogy they just showed other examples of the matrix at work. the athlete was about a person being able to over come the bounds of the matrix, he may not have understood how he was doing it but he was able to overcome it.

The house was a glitch in the matrix.

They were just random storiess of these that took place in the matrix and out.